Notifications
Clear all

PARSEC the forgotten LAN game

Page 2 / 2

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Open Parsec has been on version 0.2.0 for a while is development still active?

ReplyQuote
CrazySpence
(@crazyspence)
Petty Officer Registered

https://github.com/OpenParsec/openparsec

I did some work to the input layer on June and got it to work with PS3, Wiimote and Wiimote+ Classic Controllers.

The git repo has essentially 0.3 it just hasnt been released, it adds teleporters, headless bots, input fixes, Raspberry Pi support (yes it will play on one) SDL2 , Mac OS X proper full screen support (being able to ctrl <- -> the app) and a bunch of other stuff ive forgotten about

So been a few months since I made any commits to the code but the git version will run and is imporved over 0.2

ReplyQuote
CrazySpence
(@crazyspence)
Petty Officer Registered

Guess what! Still alive!

Good news we got 64bit clients to finally build and we're working on a bunch of stuff for this ol game

Here's the latest dev video

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Looking pretty solid from a performance standpoint @crazyspence, what this game is like 20yrs old I think 🙂 I remember there was some different music tracks on the original that were great, can we not use those (no rights)? Saw in your notes you can run this on a Raspberry Pi 🙂 haha nice!

Are you adding to the feature set that was there originally?

This post was modified 2 years ago by DarkOne

ReplyQuote
CrazySpence
(@crazyspence)
Petty Officer Registered

Same music, our license from the original devs is we can sue the assets as long we don't try to sell them. Which obviously we aren't

There's a few discussions going on on the github for features and changes, we're trying to figure out how to add a new model format to the game so we can make stuff. The game uses very old VRML 1.0 and you have to run very very old versions of things like blender to find support for that.

Once we can add models to the game then some big changes will start coming

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2