Notifications
Clear all

Solarex

greywolf
(@greywolf)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Edit: Just noticed that there are 3 copies of this thread. Please apologize. When I tried to submit my post, I got an error message saying something like "gerneral server error 500" or so. I retried twice before I noticed that the error didn't prevent the posts from appearing on the forum.

To the admins: Please feel free to delete the superfluous threades!

Looks like Solarex has managed to escape the attention of this forum so far. I found it accidentally, and was quite impressed. Not much eye candy, but very much playable, despite its alpha state.

Here is what the developer says:

"Solarex is a space traveling, trading and prospecting game built upon a stellar system generator. There is a galaxy full of stellar systems with all sorts of treasures to explore - so enter your spaceship, buy some fuel and head off!"

A huge galaxy is waiting to be discovered, big star systems, where you can trade, mine, upgrade your ship, etc. I don't know if there are any opponents, but "dangers" are hinted at somewhere in the description. I can't say (yet) how interesting it is to explore this galaxy, and I don't know much about what future releases will contain (it's definitely in active development), but if you want to have a look yourselves, here is the link:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/solarex/

SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

Looks like a cool little game. Nice find mate.

ReplyQuote
FStyle
(@fstyle)
Senior Chief Registered

Game is very broken for me. The galaxy map is basically unusable, so there's no way to do anything except look at the station services or fly around a system (which seems pointless in the current build). Could be a Mac thing, though.

ReplyQuote