Star Trek: Supremacy - First Look
Star Trek Supremacy is a game being developed by Mike Strobel. You can play the following races in Supremacy: The Federation, Romulans, Cardassians, Kilingons, Ferengi, and yes even The Dominion. You are responsible for your races exploration of space, colony/empire development, research and development of new technologies, spy network (find the spies in your empire or conduct sabotage against the enemy), use diplomacy to conduct trades, treaties, and war and last in the features is combat. Sound a little overwhelming? Well your governors and commaders can help you with the colony advancement and tactical battle tasks and they will work independantly on your orders if you allow them to, so you don't have to micro manage every facet of the game.
Star Trek: Supremacy is still under development (in Alpha State) but is moving along. There is a released Alpha you can take for a spin but it is missing combat systems, AI systems and victory conditions. hey it's an alpha so it is only a sneak peak on framework and what is to come. To run the alpha you will need to have .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 installed.
So go and checkout the website here and try the alpha and let us know what you think:
Here is some early screenshots of Supremacy in action:
Can't believe I missed this update, but this update did post a few days after my original post. Checkout all the things added and fixed in Star Trek: Supremacy. Let us know your experiences and thoughts on the game.
Download the latest version here: http://www.startreksupremacy.com/download.html
Mike Strobel, Project Lead of Star Trek Supremacy recently released a new pre release build of Star Trek Supremacy. Alot of updates and changes have been applies to this new addition. Listed below are the updates:
* You can choose your starting tech level (1, 3, 5, 7, or 9).
* You can now resume saved multiplayer games.
* Several new buildings to the game database.
* New images (Ships, buildings, etc)
* New music (Main menu...)
* 30+ new minor race ships to the game database. These won't be viewable until the AI and the combat system are implemented however. Check out This Thread if you want to see images of all of the minor race and Empire ships. 170+ more minor race ships will be added to the database in future updates.
* Added a rudimentary random events system (Only one random event is currently implemented, more will be coming in future and hopefully so will a random events editor)
* New menu options.
* Menus can now be animated. The option is turned off by default as this is still a new function and we don't know what sort of hardware demands it requires. Enable the "Enable dialog animations" and the "Enable screen transitions" options to turn these on.
* The Cardassian shiplist, their ship stats, and their ship upgrade/obsoletion paths are now fully complete.
* The Federation shiplist, their ship stats, and their ship upgrade/obsoletion paths are now about 50% complete.
* Many of the buildings have updated stats, naming conventions and upgrade/obsoletion paths. These changes should also make it easier for people to make mods in future.
* The credits list now credits several more people for their generous help with the game, including AndrewJT, .Iceman, Jamie11, SJ2290, Valcoren, and Zulnak.
* Major behind-the scenes programming updates. These updates make the game more stable, and will make it easier for Mike to make future updates and additions for the game.
* The glitchy Cardassian UI (UI ill be replaced in a future update, for the time being they will use the Federation one like the other Empires currently do)
* The annoying turn processing beep.
* Map objects should no longer glitch. Instead of using animated gif images, the game now generates animated images itself. This unfortunately means that stars look dull and bland in the system screen, but the system will be tweaked to improve it in future.
* The random freeze bug has been fixed
* The crash when attempting to create a new map after retiring from a game has been fixed.
* Population blocks in the system build screen should now work and display correctly.
* Sliders should now work correctly in the Intel screen.
* The random sound glitch during turn processing should no longer occur.
* Menu selections should no longer appear behind the menu screen.
* The editor no longer works.
* Preparing to downloading the update takes an unusually long time.
* Morale-improving orders (Martial Law, State Tribunal etc) can only be used once per system.
* You can only build two Orbital Batteries per system - one of your own, and one of the default, minor-race design.
* The redeploy screen does not update or close during turn processing. You must manually close and reopen it to update it.
Downloading now will write what I think in a few. lol I am not very good at writing but I can tell you in short order what I think of the game lol
I keep busy enough just finding all this stuff never mind trying them all and writing a small tid bit about it. So any opinions and reviews are very much welcomed. I have been wanting to get to this one because I just like the Star Trek series.
My first review lol
Firstly the game is very user friendly 🙂 I really enjoy the K.I.S.S platform ( Keep It Simple Stupid) hehehehe
The game is keyboard/mouse based and well laid out. All Pages, using with the integrated flash info helps out a great deal. It took about 20 Min's of playing around to find out what did what and a small tutorial will give the player the answers very quickly.
Game play is easy fun and enjoyable. Every turn is user done so no time clock is pushing you to make it stressful LOL. As each turn is done the upgrades or new pieces of equipment available comes in the way of research. As the research in each area is done, you get more things to do and you can make changes in the research area to advance more quickly in areas of your choosing. So for you warriors, weapons can be done before the ships are ready for them lmao...
Overall, the game is great 😉 Played 2 games, each to 500 turns, so never got to the high lvls of all involved lol. The maps, races and tech lvls can be set to come in whatever you wish to start at. Exploration upgrades to all are reseach based so the more turns you do the more upgrades to all that happen and keeps you very involved. You can be agressive or passive in the game, all depends on what your play game style is hehehehe
To all Star trek fans the same races are there and some new ones added 🙂 Enjoy finding them.
I had a recent Star Trek craze and played this for a bit , as well as Birth of the Federation.
I really enjoyed the slickness of Supremacy, and am pleased to see development still occurring at a fairly rapid pace. When this launches into a fully playable state I'll be sure to have a go and report back!
I played around with the current build of ST Supremacy and seemed well done. It's just i'm not the greatest in multi-planet resource management 🙂 But when this is done it's going to be a nice game.
I downloaded and played a bit with this and it is looking damn fine.
I have played a fair bit with Birth of the federation and Supremacy is shaping up to be a damn fine game. I am looking forward to the finished product with the combat included.
This is one to keep an eye on
Came across this nice Q&A with the developer that is worth a read: