Notifications
Clear all

Earth and Beyond (EnB)

VinhDucanh
(@vinhducanh)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

This is Space Game Central isn't it ?

I totally cannot understand why the people here have not commented on this game!

This has got to be one of the best all time best scifi games put out to date (release 2002)

http://www.net-7.org/

Created by Westwood studios and taken over by EA then canceled .

There has been constant development on this game on the server side ( not copyrighted ) but the client side is still protected. Some help from people on this site might incise EA to release the client code to public domain , (After 10 yrs there supposed to release it any way) {I read that somewhere, But I could be wrong!} so only a couple years to go.

I played in the original beta and the full game up until the cancellation and was so glad to see it make a comeback.

Anyway most of what everyone says they want in a scifi game is part of this game and If it was allowed to progress would be the end of all, possibly the best game game ever produced if it was to ever be open sourced.

Kudos to the orig developers, You made many a happy years .

I am not part of the development team and have no connection's to any of them, I'm only a player but I love this game.

Note :Darkone(YouDaMan) awaiting comment! You Have To Try This!

shadmar
(@shadmar)
Warrant Officer Registered

It's mentioned here 🙂

general-space-sim-chat-f10/enb-earth-and-beyond-stress-test-running-now-t748.html

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I have just lacked the personal time to give this project a run through, I did actually play in the MMO a few years back and was a beta tester oh so long ago to E&B and was a great game that didn't get enough support from its publisher. But I will try it eventually I wanted to wait until more of a final build, unless this current one is pretty close to one?

ReplyQuote
Dem
 Dem
(@dem)
Petty Officer Registered

even test #3 was great to play-I'm sure test #4 is going well

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

It's worth a try, even if I go on what was there 10+ years ago. It is free and there have been many enhancements and bug fixes so if the servers are solid it should be better than the original.

ReplyQuote