Game recommendation...

Notifications
Clear all

Game recommendations

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

So I finally bought a new computer and as usual nothing works, 🙄 so I spent most of yesterday looking and downloading bits from the net.

As I have been pretty much out of modern gaming anyone have any games they want to recommend or avoid.

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Congrats on the new PC Pinback, i'm going on my 3rd year with the one I have now. But for starters I would play WC Saga :). I would stay away from Unstoppable Gorg, I didn't like the demo much at all. Keep an eye out for Path of Exile, the beta weekend is going on right now and ends today. But the game is great diablo style game (amazing skill tree) and will be F2P. Believe open beta is in May but they will continue to have these weekend things from time-to-time. I guess you need to let us know what you like to play other than space games...?

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Drop by here

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/sho ... p?t=244468

for a great collection of freeware games. Would recommend 1916 to get you started, very creepy game set in the trenches of WW1 😕

Also, Return To Chaos a neat package of re-makes for the classic Dungeon Master games.

Here is a link http://www.ragingmole.com/RTC/

This should give you good practice for Grimrock when it comes out 😉

I hope you don't neglect your Miggys with this new fancy PC you have! 😯

Um what else................ UFO Alien Invasion, a great clone of the classic

link http://ufoai.org/wiki/index.php/News

And to finish off how about some classic RTS action in the shape of Open Dune, have a look for a link in this thread http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1184284

OR

Dune Legacy here http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/d ... =Downloads

Want to know the most scary phase ever said in a computer game? "Missile Approaching!" 😈

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Have to check that site out 😀

The miggys have not been getting any attention lately, must dig them out as I have a couple of game I want to look at.

DarkOne wrote:
I guess you need to let us know what you like to play other than space games...?

Tend to like open world game like GTA, I don’t want any games which require you to be online to play them, so any thing from those idiots at ubisoft is a nono.

So far gaming wise it been a bit of a disappointment, I managed to get Mass Effect 1 sort of working, haven’t bothered with 2 yet. Fallout 3 GOTYE is just an epic fail apparently it’s known problem but Bethesda are not interested in fixing.

The only two games which I have installed with no Problems are Dangerous and the special editions of Monkey Island 1&2

Don’t know what else is around which is windows 64 bit 4 core friendly. Might get skyrim, that’s if its works.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

PINBACK wrote:
I don’t want any games which require you to be online to play them, so any thing from those idiots at ubisoft is a nono.

Silent Hunter III & IV are still great games with a ton of mods out there and they don't need any online activation. I picked up the Gold Edition of SH IV for very little money. SHIII is still my favourite of the series though 😎

Parental guidance recommended 😆

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  
Geraldine wrote:

Parental guidance recommended 😆

😆 😆 😆 I know just how he feels, when I hear "constant internet connection required to play." 😆

ReplyQuote
Overlord
(@overlord)
Master Chief Registered

If you like point and click "Machinarium" is def one to have a look at.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I know this has been out a while Pinback, but I highly recommend Red Dead Redemption. Truly one of the best RockStar Games has made to date and this better get a sequel 🙂 And get the Borderlands GOTY edition you will like that game a lot as well. Can't wait for #2 this Oct.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Like to play Red Dead Redemption but alas was it not a console only title.

Might have a look at Borderlands, picked up a couple of budget games Aliens v Predator supposed to be enhanced for DX11 although I can see much difference.

and Stalker clear sky

Been thinking of have a look at an RPG game not played one for a while.

It will be either Skyrim or Witcher 2

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

PINBACK wrote:
It will be either Skyrim or Witcher 2

Oooooooh difficult choice 😕 I think Witcher 2 just shades it............just 😉

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

going to get the witcher 2 although god knows when I will find the time to play it 🙄

ReplyQuote
gjules
(@gjules)
Crewman Registered

With Wipeout one of the not so recent games but actually a recent discovery of mine, I just think that people should just be familiar with it. It is a nice spaceship type racing game that aims to do just that.

And with it working really well with all the concepts and components needed to let it go, you just have to enjoy and let loose with it.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Never played any of the wipeout games, think theirs a new one out.

ReplyQuote
deepseaweed
(@deepseaweed)
Senior Chief Registered

Wipeout was great fun on the original Playstation. I was disappointed by all later versions.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  
deepseaweed wrote:
Wipeout was great fun on the original Playstation. I was disappointed by all later versions.

Now you mention it I seem to recall playing the demo on the Playstation but never buying the game.

ReplyQuote