Clear all

Intruducing new game in development

AntiDanilevski
(@antidanilevski)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

282928_240375862739276_1105808186_n.jpg

Hello all!

We are making a space game (not a traditional simulator, though - don't bite me for that!). It will be something between Star Control (best space game I ever played), Dark Orbit and (hopefully) Eve. Our main goal is to make a great world, scenario and gameplay. We won't hide absence of the meaning behind amazing special effects, like in modern games (though indeed we will do everything to make our game beautiful and attractive).

To success, we will need support of space games fans. Soon will go for Kickstarter, and this is why I'm gathering community now - without your help, without spreading the word, we will not success there.

In a week or two we will open our site with materials; for now, I've opened group with few ingame screenshots and concept-arts on facebook. I'll be glad to see you all on the page and hope that you will support us - and, together, we will make a great game. Smart game, soulful and full of oldschool spirit!

We will be happy to see you all on our Divine Space official page:

179306_239914062785456_903068475_n.jpg

Cheers and good day/night to everyone!

Anti A. Danilevski

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Hello AntiDanilevskiel welcome to SS.

Nothing wrong with it not being a simulator and when you say its based on Star Control, is that Star control 2.

Is it a 2D game with 3D backgrounds bit hard to tell from the pics.

Any vids of the game yet.

ReplyQuote
AntiDanilevski
(@antidanilevski)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Hello!

It's a 3D game, but generally you will fly on the same 'level', in the plane of the ecliptic. You can change altitude and direction of flight at will, but it's barely needed.

Before making the video, we have a lot of things to do. Mainly, we are working on weapons, it's effects, shields and etc. As soon as it's ready, we will add cutscenes and then make a gameplay video. We should finish it until end of this month, so not a lot of time to wait!

Meanwhile, you can like our page - and you will see how development is going. I'll keep the page fresh! We need to gather kernel of our community, to discuss different things, receive feedbacks and opinions. There is it:

ReplyQuote
DoctorRoXo
(@doctorroxo)
Senior Chief Registered

awesome! always good to see new space games being made. kudos to you good sir.

have you thought about making IndieDB page? it's a good way to spread the word about your game. this is the way i've learned about many space games that aren't well-known.

ReplyQuote
AntiDanilevski
(@antidanilevski)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  
DoctorRoXo wrote:

have you thought about making IndieDB page? it's a good way to spread the word about your game. this is the way i've learned about many space games that aren't well-known.

Yes, there is a page: http://www.indiedb.com/games/divinespace

I'll publish project on Desura as soon as we will launch our micro-promo-site (can't make anything better now - no resources).

But mostly, we update facebook page. Just added our universe map:

521473_241304522646410_649466243_n.jpg

Map on FB: Universe map screenshot.

Map is intersting becuase it's built on a *real* astornomical data. Every star in it's real position and have it's real color (spectral class). Lines are routes between stars, known/available to a player. Each star contains a number of planets, if you zoom in. This is still in progress - with time, we will make it looking a bit better and will add some effects.

Kernel of our community is gahtering slowly, but still - gathering, and this makes me happy.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Divine Space is looking good so far AntiDanilevski, can't wait to see more details on it. And like I offer to all the indie developers if you need a forum area you just have to ask and I will make it for you.

After looking at the map you can see that the game is growing in size, how many stars/systems will a player be able to discover/play in?

ReplyQuote
AntiDanilevski
(@antidanilevski)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Thank you for your offer! Maybe, when time comes, we will ask you for the forum assistance. Currently, site is being made and likely forum will be there - I don't know yet (it's a simple promo-site, to support coming-soon KS campaign). But we will keep developing it into something more serois.

About number of stars, first version have about 300 stars, but stars aren't game locations - planets are. We now working on 40 planets/locations, this is as much as we can afford currently.

But depends on our company on KS, probably this number will be bigger. We can add locations just by adding them to DB and reimporting. Theorethically, if we will gain enough funds to recruit a dedicated level designer who will analyse more star/planetary data, this number can increase up to 100-200 locations.

During experiments, I've imported 2000 stars earlier... and it was a magical look! And I hope, eventually, we will have numbers like this.

For MMO version story is different: we can create much more relatively empty locations (only with planets, asteroids and decorative elements) and players will fill those locations (via user generated content). But this is way too far in the future to seriously think about it. So when time comes, it won't be a problem at all.

ReplyQuote
DoctorRoXo
(@doctorroxo)
Senior Chief Registered

AntiDanilevski wrote:
DoctorRoXo wrote:

I'll publish project on Desura as soon as we will launch our micro-promo-site (can't make anything better now - no resources).

awesome!!! if i was making a game, this is where i would set up stuff about it. and i can easily track the game too. so many games coming out i try to keep up with them all but my brain ain't what it used to be. glad to hear you'll be publishing on Desura too. i've always like their whole network of sites and how they cater to the indie games. good luck to you and with your game. 🙂

ReplyQuote
AntiDanilevski
(@antidanilevski)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  
DoctorRoXo wrote:
AntiDanilevski wrote:
DoctorRoXo wrote:

awesome!!! if i was making a game, this is where i would set up stuff about it. and i can easily track the game too. so many games coming out i try to keep up with them all but my brain ain't what it used to be. glad to hear you'll be publishing on Desura too. i've always like their whole network of sites and how they cater to the indie games. good luck to you and with your game. 🙂

Oh, I'm not really sure if we will be able to actually *publish* on Desura. From what I see, Desura is a source for only downloadable games. Our first version is being made for iPads/Android pads, we won't be able to provide downloadable content for PC/MAc anytime soon... so no idea how it will work there. But we will try, anyways.

If you want to track us - like our facebook page. I'll be updating it more often than on Desura and will be building community there.

ReplyQuote
AntiDanilevski
(@antidanilevski)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Just to make you even more excited, a concept-art of how our ships can be constructed from the parts (and then - equipped with diferent devices and, of course, weapons!). This is old concept-art, one of the first arts and a bit simple - but still, we modelled all those parts and they are flying quite well.

560771_241768852599977_669322982_n.jpg

More of this ship (concept + model of the core screenshot) will be added to FB gallery soon, maybe even tomorrow.

If you have questoins, shoot!

ReplyQuote
AntiDanilevski
(@antidanilevski)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Two more concept-arts + models added to FB page.

ReplyQuote
AntiDanilevski
(@antidanilevski)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

556564_246668358776693_134043885_n.jpg

Discussion is here: FB page

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Some very nice artwork there Antidanilevski. 😎

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Agreed, some nice concept art ( that guy in the top middle looks like that guy from Avatar).

I always like looking at concept art and then comparing it to the actual in-game art when it is finished to see how accurate they were to the initial design.

ReplyQuote
AntiDanilevski
(@antidanilevski)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Official forum is up: http://forum.divinespace.org/index.php

Come and let's make it alive together!

ReplyQuote