Notifications
Clear all

My 2 cents...

Gilmor
(@gilmor)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

I've peeked the forum, with a special care for the FFED3D section.

My 2 cents are:

[*:3uwcy0kj]you guys have made a WONDERFUL job concerning the look: you have turned the game into what I always dreamed it to be. I really got no words to express my astonishment gazing the new look of my beloved spaceships and all the environment. I am sure that you have the knowledge to modify the core of the game itself to turn it into ELITE IV, hence...

[*:3uwcy0kj]the lazy guys at Frontier owe you a lot, I want them to recognize the huge job you all made and if this will not happen, then it's very likely I will crash a Panther clipper on their hq... 😆

I'm impressed. I am downloading the fat-pack made by Darkone: tomorrow I will get my last savefile and will return to strolling in the galaxy.

Wonderful.

Absolutely wonderful. 😛

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I just package it all up hopefully into a usable state for anyone new to the game can use. But all the actual work is done by the members of the elite-games.ru site and of course the community modelers. Not sure how much more development is going to take place on FFED3D? I know Pinback stated a while back that they are thinking about releasing the source code so who knows for a fact yet.

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

I have pretty much given up on FFED3D. Its a real shame that it has all gone to waste, but from the start it had its problems.

For one the source-code should never have been kept from public view, as that is just plain dis-honest or just odd, especially when the source used to make FFED3D was taken from John Jordan. Who is THE FFE man. Well, other than David Braben 😉

Without him and his reverse engineered code there would have been no remakes.

Gilmore, if you havent already seen it, I recommend Pioneer which is a remake of Frontier. However this is not reverse engineered but rather all new code written by the developers.

ReplyQuote