Notifications
Clear all

One Way Trip

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

Who go on a one way trip to mars knowing that you could never come back to earth again ❓

Quote:
NASA officials have confirmed that studies are being conducted to assess whether astronauts can be sent on a one-way mission to the Red Planet.

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/TopStories/20 ... dy-101029/

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I read about this last week and forgot to post something on this. Personally I don't think of it as a heartless thing as long as we can supply the astronauts with a years supply at a time. Slowly grow the colony on each trip and eventually make themselves self-sufficient. Guess with enough money thrown at it and we can accomplish it. If they just take the money used for both political parties to get themselves elected we can go back and forth to Mars a few times 🙂

ReplyQuote
Solace
(@solace)
Senior Chief Registered

Darkone wrote:
I read about this last week and forgot to post something on this. Personally I don't think of it as a heartless thing as long as we can supply the astronauts with a years supply at a time. Slowly grow the colony on each trip and eventually make themselves self-sufficient. Guess with enough money thrown at it and we can accomplish it. If they just take the money used for both political parties to get themselves elected we can go back and forth to Mars a few times 🙂

I agree.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I would definitely contemplate this if I was a single guy. But if they were will to take a family I think we would go the kids like outerspace, only thing is that the family would have to have Facebook access to make it doable. 😉

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

If they were ever going to do this then they would need to send 300 or 400 people at a time not half a dozen.

ReplyQuote