Open-Source sci-fi ...

Notifications
Clear all

Open-Source sci-fi story ,, contributors?

tsmspace
(@tsmspace)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

I have decided I have figured out a realistic justification for a popular space sim game activity. I basically have outlined a setting, and am hoping to end up with some story ideas to go along with it, for the purpose of attracting people to a sort of community that sees the development of a particular kind of simulator. (a specific game, if you will). 

The activity in question is flying a space-ship through mountains and canyons. This is, of course, not possible with space physics, because first of all mountains means gravity, and second of all for the most part mountains means atmosphere. So although many games actually have airplane physics anyway, the intent of the players is to fly their spaceship while having obstacles to challenge them, and the mindset is to compromise reality to allow spaceship physics even though it's on a planet (even if the physics is often not REALLY spaceship physics, it is also not really airplane physics either, so the mindset is still the same). 

My setting is to have a ring with piles of mining debris on the inside, normally under spin gravity, but for a short while the spin of the ring-station must be stopped for maintenance, so that for a short period of time all of the mining debris piles can be traversed using zero-gravity. The size of the mining piles does not need to be full sized mountains, since also in my setting it is suggested (although not required,, if someone wants to have a large ring with full sized mountains it is open-source) that the craft themselves are just small rc drones. 

My hope is for people to come and join the project, and contribute plot and character ideas which I can then use to lure readers into the trap of then understanding the physics and concepts of the environment I present in the setting description, which will help increase the demand for the development of a realistic simulator for space drone racing. 

It's on github at present, which is normally for software development, but having talked to a githubber about it,, I agree that it is a great place to start an open-source project, and even though it is not code, it is where open-source was born, and so for me makes sense! 

https://github.com/tsmspace/ACE-RACERS-SP

as you can see I am an incredible artist

controller4