SpaceSimCentral is ...

Notifications
Clear all

SpaceSimCentral is 1 Years Old Today!!!

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Well it's official, SSC is 1 year old today!

Sure doesn't seem like a year. I would like to thank everyone that has visited and contributed to SSC's vision of a united space gaming community.

A lot of time has been dedicated in updating and maintaining the site and its great to see people enjoying it and the word spreading. The community is growing slowly, but the main focus of getting gamers and developers talking seems to be working. I think there is over 20 developers of different games visiting and posting here and really builds a nice relationship and respect for what devs go through and a place where devs can get immediate feedback on ideas and games.

i thought I bit off more than I could chew when I started SSC. I was constantly think how the hell can I manage to document and get all this info into one place.... well its starting to form up nicely and thanks to a few great people like Starlord, Pinback, Stardreamer, r3dfiv3, Steve and Bas who have helped in advise and information/content and of course all the developers/modders that come by and chat with the community.

Thanks again... as always spread the word and I promise you that SSC is going to be around a while.... well least until 12/12/2012 😉

-D1-

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  
farcodev wrote:
Yup it's a cool idea, at least we don't need to setup ourselves a forum on a website for just one project.

I usually dedicate forum areas to projects that have a lot of buzz around them or are close to completion.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Darkone wrote:

Thanks again... as always spread the word and I promise you that SSC is going to be around a while.... well least until 12/12/2012 😉

-D1-

😯 What you mean you havent started work on the top secret S.S.C bunker in the back yard yet. 😆

Congratulations on S.S.C first year D1

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Thanks Pinback.

Well in New Hampshire the calls us the Granite State. So I guess if I start tunneling now I could have something roughed in for when the end happens. Just need some food and generator, hmm internet will be gone.... printing press thats it, leaflets.

ReplyQuote
scratt
(@scratt)
Petty Officer Registered

Happy Birthday SSC! 🙂

And thanks for having us here.. Let's hope we can all grow old together. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Cambragol
(@cambragol)
Petty Officer Registered

Congratulations on making through the first year!

It is a good start, a very good start. I hope it can continue to grow both in content and community over the next year, and the years to come.

ReplyQuote
Stardreamer
(@stardreamer)
Warrant Officer Registered

Oh no!!! I missed the birthday!!

Was there cake?!? True cake, not lie cake?!?

Heh. Congratulations, Darkone. This is an awesome site, one that deserves many more years of happy existence. We in the "OMG space games are AWESOME!!!" community need a place like this to meet, gather, swap ideas, tell stories and simply share our abiding love of this most excellent of genres. That a single site never existed before now seems utterly ridiculous to me and I'm sure everyone involved here.

Long live SSC! 😀

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

Happy Birthday, Space Sim Central.!!! 😀 😀 😀 😀

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  
Stardreamer wrote:
Was there cake?!? True cake, not lie cake?!?

It's right here Stardreamer feel free to have a piece 🙂

[hsimg] [/hsimg]

Stardreamer wrote:
We in the "OMG space games are AWESOME!!!" community need a place like this to meet, gather, swap ideas, tell stories and simply share our abiding love of this most excellent of genres.

Was the whole reason why I created the site got tired of visiting 10 different sites to get my info 🙂

Stardreamer wrote:
That a single site never existed before now seems utterly ridiculous to me and I'm sure everyone involved here.

I know when I was contemplating on making the site. I did a exhaustive search first to see if I may have been missing the boat somewhere on the idea and nope.... couldn't find a single website that was current that actually covered multiple games. Now its just getting people to register and chat away.... I know a lot of times I log in and see 10-20 people online as guests. Hopefully by next year we can get SSC registered users over 1000... slow going but we'll get there.

CaptainKal wrote:
Happy Birthday, Space Sim Central.!!! 😀 😀 😀 😀

Thx Kal.

ReplyQuote