Notifications
Clear all

What Game Have You Bought.

Page 10 / 15

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

X com on the 360 as the bloody PC version never worked, though it might be worth a punt for a tenner and Lifeless Planet.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Carrier Command on the 360, never played the original game show no idea what this reboot is like.

Far cry 2 on the 360 apparently  it has a bug in it which stops you from finishing the game.

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

Carrier Command on the 360, never played the original game show no idea what this reboot is like.

I 've finished the original, and have yet to play, the reboot. (Although I gave it a try when it was in beta). If you want to try the original, you should try the DOS Version, since the Amiga version is much harder. (Winnable but harder).

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Says their a classic 80s game mode on the box although it might be awhile before I get around to playing it as I have just started playing the XCom game.

ReplyQuote
Overlord
(@overlord)
Master Chief Registered

Far cry 2 on the 360 apparently  it has a bug in it which stops you from finishing the game.

I finished FC2 on 360 a few times and never had a problem. I actually preferred it to FC3. Probably cos it doesn't hold your hand as much and you can't fast travel so easily. Many people criticised the game for the exact reasons I liked it. FC3 was too "gamey", should have been more hardcore.

Recently got:

Fallout 3 GOTY edition

Dead Space 1 and 2

Pre ordered Alien: Isolation. I'm really looking forward to this one!

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

It has some thing to do with the save games corrupting, their is a patch for it but I am not sure if i can download 360 patch on the PC and transfer it to the 360 on a USB stick.

Also got the PC collector edition of Oblivion for a couple quid.

ReplyQuote
Overlord
(@overlord)
Master Chief Registered

Now you mention it, I do remember that happening. I started double saving every 10 saves or so after it happened a couple of times. Not sure if that helped or not to be honest.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

I picked up Starlancer on Fleabay recently. The ships feel good to fly around in. If Roberts brothers & Co are aiming for this sort of gameplay in Star Citizen it should turn out to be a fun game too.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Bought the Bureau on PC as I have being enjoying playing X Com, so I thought I would have a look at the other X Com game and it was very, very, very cheap but so far all it's done is CTD on me when I start it.

Also pick up Farcry Basic Instincts on the XBox and Splinter Cell Convictions on the 360.

ReplyQuote
auryx
(@auryx)
Warrant Officer Registered

I've been playing Diablo III on my 360 recently - I never played either of the previous ones, but it's a lot of fun! You can have big long sessions or just jump into it for 30 minutes, so a good casual gaming option. Demon Hunter and Witch Doctor are my favourite classes so far. Don't mess with the voodoo! 🙂

auryx

You look good through a crosshair.

ReplyQuote
Overlord
(@overlord)
Master Chief Registered

X Com Enemy Unknown

Super Meat Boy

The Binding of Isaac

Lone Survivor

Valiant Hearts: The Great War

The Long Dark

Gods Will Be Watching

Damn Steam sales...

SXPD for iPhone. Its a kind of remake of the Spectrum game Deathchase made into an interactive graphic novel. Pretty good actually.

Also downloaded the remake of Lords Of Midnight from Icemark and the 3D remake from FrozenEmpire, possibly the most nostalgic game I can think of.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Never could get into Lords of Midnight, remember trying to play it a few times.

ReplyQuote
Overlord
(@overlord)
Master Chief Registered

Never could get into Lords of Midnight, remember trying to play it a few times.

Lol

I think I was about 8 years old when I first played it. I had no instructions, only the map on the back of the box. I didn't get on well at all. In fact, I think at first I thought it was a really advanced text adventure!

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

In the GOG sale so far SPAZ, Red Shirt, and Strike Suit Zero no idea if I can get that downloaded as it 2.2 GB but I could not resist the price of £2.95.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Picked up the classic GTA 3, Vice City, Vice City Stories and GTA 4 (PS2 versions) for very little off fleabay. These games are still a riot and awesome music too. Especially Vice City!

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Picked up the classic GTA 3, Vice City, Vice City Stories and GTA 4 (PS2 versions) for very little off fleabay. These games are still a riot and awesome music too. Especially Vice City!

Nice keep an eye out for Liberty city stories for the full set of GTA games on the PS2 and that reminds me I must get a copy of GTA 4 for the 360.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Liberty City Stories? Didn't know about that one, just snagged a copy   GTA PS2 collection *almost* complete now.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Speaking of GTA I picked the strategy guide for GTA 5 for a fiver in the "Works" shop at the weekend.

ReplyQuote
Overlord
(@overlord)
Master Chief Registered

Got Factorio a few days ago and its a pretty fun little game. Currently a very playable alpha.

ReplyQuote
SerialKicked
(@serialkicked)
Petty Officer Registered

Warhammer 40K : Armageddon. It's just out, it's basically a reskin of Panzer Corps (which is itself an updated version of panzer general). It's a bit costly for what it is, but ... it's... WH40K.

(dreaming of a world where game workshop and matrix/slitherine wouldn't be such greedy pricks)

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Four Amiga games.

Cadaver.

Special Forces.

The Newzealand Story.

Flimbo quest.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Cadaver is awesome. I used this to test out my A500+ after I rebuilt it

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

Endless Legends

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

The new Thief game For a tenner on PC.

Mace Griffen for 50p on the XBox,bought this before but it was a bad disk.

Perfect Dark Zero on 360

GTA 4 ON 360 being playing 5 again and thought it was about time I got 4.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Added GTA 1, GTA London 1969 and GTA2 to the Playstation collection, all complete with maps! All run perfectly on PS2

ReplyQuote
Page 10 / 15