Notifications
Clear all

What Game Have You Bought.

Page 14 / 15

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Posted by: @pinback

Picked up void barstards and absolute territory in the steam sale and bought Fallout 4 on the ps4.

Being thing about getting Starship Evo. 

I played Absolute Territory so long ago, and I have Fallout 4 just haven't played it yet. Will be interested in hearing your feedback on Starship Evo

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  
Posted by: @sscadmin

I played Absolute Territory so long ago, and I have Fallout 4 just haven't played it yet. Will be interested in hearing your feedback on Starship Evo

Probably not going to buy Starship Evo, love the look and idea of the game but I know from past experience that I can never get into these block building games.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Back buying 360 games, why because their cheap. 🤣 and I may one day get around to playing them.

First up Splinter cell Convictions, last of the games made in the series and apparently not that good.

NeverDead  looks interesting as you play as a 500 year old demon hunter and you can use bits of your body as weapons.

The Darkness 1 & 2 don't know much these two games just looked interesting.

And Resident Evil 5, no interest in playing the game as I'm not a fan theses games but I can't resist a steel book edition.  

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

@pinback I found a fully functional 360 Slim in a local charity shop for £20. 🙂 

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @geraldine

@pinback I found a fully functional 360 Slim in a local charity shop for £20. 🙂 

Nice find 😎 , not found much in own charity shop game hunting apart from a copy of Knight rider for the PS2.

Apparently a really bad game, so I must give it a go. 🤣 

Geraldine liked
ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

So it's that time of year again when I like to buy some of last years big game releases, 😀 and in time honoured tradition I have picked up The Outer Worlds and Cyberpunk 2077, both on the PS4.

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Lieutenant Registered

Back buying 360 games, why because their cheap. 🤣 and I may one day get around to playing them.

First up Splinter cell Convictions, last of the games made in the series and apparently not that good.

NeverDead  looks interesting as you play as a 500 year old demon hunter and you can use bits of your body as weapons.

The Darkness 1 & 2 don't know much these two games just looked interesting.

And Resident Evil 5, no interest in playing the game as I'm not a fan theses games but I can't resist a steel book edition. 

You might want to check the following link:

https://xenia.jp/

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @captainkal

You might want to check the following link:

https://xenia.jp/

Interesting but I have two 360, with one of them being the Star Wars themed one, which has become my fav console.

This post was modified 2 years ago by Pinback

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Desperados 3, was going to get it on the PC but ended up with the PS4 as it was only a tenner and very surprised at how good the Joypad works.

Guitar Hero 1 & 2 on the PS2, two games I would normal never buy, but both had a Brucie bonus inside in the form of a memory cards in each game.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

What games I bought during the winter sale....

- Xcom2 .... I know I am a little late on this one

- Ni No Kuni 2 a JRPG I been wanting to play for a few years now

- Kingdom Rush Origins .... damn I love these tower defense games I spend way too many hours playing these

- Pathfinder: Kingmaker ... so far this is better than I expected 

- No Mans Sky ... yup finally Hello Games earned my money 🙂 I bought the game for the kids too... we been playing a little bit on the weekends. So far I haven't died yet 🙂 they started me on a volcanic planet and I didn't think I was gonna get off that rock but I did and found a Terra like planet and been on that planet farming and grinding. Learning these alien languages is a pain, but I am definitely having some fun exploring.... but I still have some key things I need to craft so I can be more productive

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Picked up Ghost Recon Wildland for the PS4, never played one these games before and it bills itself as a tactical shooter, but it feels a bit lightweight.

But I'm having fun running around sniping the cartels.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Posted by: @pinback

But I'm having fun running around sniping the cartels.

I had a blast playing this game and I rarely play this FPS style of games... but the open world is amazing and the missions/story is engaging. Make sure you investigate the map you will find some sweet guns and modifications. They need to make more of this type of game because its really really good!

I generally played the sniper in this game too and its great timing kills with your squad 🙂

This post was modified 2 years ago by DarkOne

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

picked up Xcom Commander edition and Syndicate on the 360.

Think I have all the games for both Xcom and Syndicate, all the way from the Amiga to the PS4.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

@pinback 
Played Outer Worlds. Best described, to me at least as "Fallout In Space". 😀 

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

@pinback 
Dont have these on the 360 but on the PC. Hope you also have Open XCom. A great remake of the brilliant original game. 😎 
https://openxcom.org/

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Recently I picked up XCOM Chimera Squad in a GOG sale. It's fun balancing each squad member's abilities.

Pinback liked
ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

@pinback 
Played Outer Worlds. Best described, to me at least as "Fallout In Space". 😀 

I found it a bit uninspired, not that it's a bad game, just a bit seen it all before.

Had no idea that there was another XCom game, will put it on the Steam Wishlist and pick it up in the sale. 👍

Picked up Deus EX Mankind Divided on the PS4, think that gives me all of them but still have only played the first two games.

Geraldine liked
ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Picked up Putty squad for the PS4 not sure if this a remake or a sequel to the original Amiga game.

Also picked up Pirates for the PC and when I look in the box, it had a copy of half life 2, result 😀 until I remembered that HL2 probably needs Steam to work, and Pirates should have two disks. Burned again 🤣

ReplyQuote
khaanekii
(@khaanekii)
Crewman Registered

JA2 is considered by many to be the best in turn based tactical games. There's been allot of games that have tried to emulate it, but sadly they are all full of fail. If you want a good turn based tactical experience I suggest you play JA2, if you don't mind the slightly outdated graphics.

This post was modified 1 year ago by khaanekii
This post was modified 1 year ago by DarkOne

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Would that be Jagged Alliance 2, had a go at one of the later games but never really got into it.

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Lieutenant Registered

@pinback I 've also found the original JA2, quite unfair!! 

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Beyond a Steel Sky, was going to buy it on PC as Steam has it on sale at the moment, but I thought I would have a look and see what the physical copy on the PS4 was going for and found the steel book version for £15 on Amazon. 😎 

And who does not like a steel book with a slip cover as well. 😀  

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

@pinback 
I completed this. Gave me good memories of the original on the Amiga. 😊 

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

@pinback 
I completed this. Gave me good memories of the original on the Amiga. 😊 

Nice 😎 just about to start playing it and I hope we get a physical version of the new Monkey Island game.

Geraldine liked
ReplyQuote
spaceship-buran
(@spaceship-buran)
Petty Officer Registered

Got the Empire: Total War strategy, surprisingly, but it's old at our time!

С уважением / With respect
spaceship-buran

ReplyQuote
Page 14 / 15