What Game Have You ...

Notifications
Clear all

I use crypto.com app personally on a daily basis and its great and takes the stress out of learning crypto and the crypto debit cards are great, ask me anything on this. I will probably make a thread discussing crypto soon. REFERRAL CODE = p5mu64hcq4

What Game Have You Bought.

Page 3 / 14

cybersleuth58
(@cybersleuth58)
Crewman Registered

Mass Effect and ME2 for XBox 360 and PC. For some reason, I LOVE this series. There is something about it that is very enjoyable. ME3 is not due out until December. I also got into Red Faction: Guerilla. It is extremely satisfying to take a sledge hammer to a building. 😈 Have no clue why.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Moderator
Topic starter  

Had a quick look at Star Trek seem to be set in the mirror universe didn get far as I got killed almost as soon as the game started. 🙄
Might get one of these adapter 😎

An XBOX Game I would recommend getting is Crimson Skies its an arcade flight sim set in a 1930s alternate universe bit like the film Sky Captains of Tomorrow. 😎

Never played Mass Effects, have the first one on PC but never played it due to the DRM.
Never bothered with the second one, If I ever get a 360 I will probably pick them up for that.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Pick up a few PC games over the last couple of weeks.

Sniper Elite played the demo when it first came out and wasn’t too impressed by it.

Robin Hood to replace my cough couch copy.

Commandos 2 for the third time, but it’s a great game and I like these type of games.

Project Freedom bit of a space shmup.

And MDK for the PS1.

ReplyQuote
JGZinv
(@jgzinv)
Petty Officer Registered

If y'all are looking for a X to xbox adapter... this thing just came out.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/05/xim3 ... sale-imme/

Does mice, keyboards, and joysticks now. They are working on more downloadable profiles

for wheels and other equipment.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

That seems a bit pricey, I bought one of these for the original X Box http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Xbox-Keyboard ... 483ebdf28e

And one of these for the 360, still waiting for delivery. I will report on how well it works when it arrives. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Xbox-360-Xfrag-36 ... 35ae4a0daa

EDIT: Received the XFrag 360 keyboard/mouse adaptor. It can be a bit temperamental to get it to work and a wired 360 controller needs to be plugged into it for the 360 to recognise it. But yes, it does work but results vary from game to game. Halo 3 was fine, Fallout 3 less so but still better than using the standard controller. Might improve performance by playing around with the settings and it has a full range of turbo buttons. Finally it also has a port for a PS 2 controller, so it would be possible to use one of those with the 360 too.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

My original Xbox game rampage continues with

Splinter cell double agent bought the PC one when it first came out and never got past the prison level, found that the Xbox game is completely different game.

Indiana Jones Emperors tomb played,this on the PS2 Didn’t like it but couldn’t remember why, now I remember bad controls.

Fable the lost chapters another one I had on the PC but never finished it, thought I give it another go.

Lego Starwar 2 the original trilogy never played any of these lego games before and its an absolutely brilliantly funny game.

ReplyQuote
Gargantou
(@gargantou)
Petty Officer Registered

I try not to buy an excessive amount of games these days since I have a big physical backlog which becomes even bigger if I include Steam titles, but my most recent purchase was Demon's Souls earlier today for the PS3.

One of the best titles available for the PS3 and seeing how little love my PS3 has been getting compared to my 360 and PC I felt it was time I got some new games for it, about a week prior to today I also bought Yakuza 3 and 4 for it.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Got a few more Xbox games

Rogue Trooper been looking for this for ages, played it on the PC

Call of duty 3 surprisingly pretty good.

Far cry instincts.

Destroy all humans this is great love the idea of playing a little alien running around blowing the crap out of everything in a 1950 earth setting 😎 and getting to use the probe. 😆 😆

Also pick up a couple of gamecube games as well Clone wars and Die hard.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Picked up Bulduer's Gate Dark Alliance II and Secret Weapons Over Normandy for the old XBox, Project Gotham Racing 4 and Ghost Recon Advanced War Fighter 1&2 for the 360, Star Wars X-Wing Alliance and Rogue Squadron 3D for the PeeCee and finally Black Crypt and Cadaver (big box versions) for the Miggys. Guess which of these is getting the most playtime? 😆

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Cadaver was a game I always wanted to play but IIRC it would not work with the A1200. Speaking of the Dark Alliance games i been keeping an eye out for that fallout game that appeared on Xbox.

Pick up a big box copy of Balance of power campaigns in G.E.X of all places

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

PINBACK wrote:
Cadaver was a game I always wanted to play but IIRC it would not work with the A1200.

Should be easy enough to get a hold of an adf for UAE. If you do also look out for the Payoff additional levels

PINBACK wrote:
Speaking of the Dark Alliance games i been keeping an eye out for that fallout game that appeared on Xbox.

I am really behind the times 🙄 Which Fallout game are you talking about Pinback? Was there a version of Fallout especially made for the old XBox or are you taking about a port of one of the PC games? I know there was Brotherhood Of Steel on the Xbox. If it is a "new" game I must keep an eye out for it too. 🙂

ReplyQuote
IronHound
(@ironhound)
Warrant Officer Registered

Im guessing he was talking about Brotherhood of Steel, since both games have a similair tone and engine iirc.

No recent Fallout games have been made besides Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas which where both First person Rpg/shoother things.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  
IronHound wrote:
Im guessing he was talking about Brotherhood of Steel, since both games have a similair tone and engine iirc.

That’s the one I was thinking about.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Aha! Thought so! Yes The Brotherhood of Steel is a streamlined version of BOS Tactics on the PC, got that already. Still worth buying though! 🙂 I had a blast with Dark Alliance on the old Xbox. The second one is even better. It does show that if a developer actually thinks about how to implement a game properly, that old console can still give you a heck of a lot of fun. Before I got mine, I thought all the games for it were as deep as a puddle, some of them are, but if your willing to do a bit of digging, you can turn up some gaming gems for that platform, some of them even out do similar things on the 360.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

I agree I’ve taken a bit of shine to the old xbox, got about 60 games for it now, a real underrated system with a good mix of console/PC tiles along with some exclusives.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Found a new shop selling games, dvd and music CD for 1.99 or 3 for a fiver, so I have ended up with 6 more Xbox games. 😆

Deus ex 2 never got into this on the PC.

Golden eye rogue agent cant remember if this is good bond game or the bad one.

Medal of honor european assault not see this one before

The Thing never played it.

Ninja Gaiden allegedly the hardest game on the Xbox.

Burn cycle for the CDI who remembers that system, bought it by mistake as I thought it was the PC version. 🙄

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Been buying some space sim for a change

Picked up Star Rangers as some one recommended this game awhile ago.

Commander Blood

Another copy of Epic got the game already but had to throw the box out year ago and still didn’t get the poster 🙄 also pick up it sequel Inferno. Seem to remember this game was going to come out on the CD32 and being impressed by the screen shots in the Amiga mags of the day.

And the excellent Discworld Noir.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

Ofc Homeworld 2 🙂

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Halo 2 on XP! 😀 What a difference it makes, they way it was ment to be without Vista! Before I had to run it on medium settings and it was still a bit slow, now everything is cranked up to the max. It's almost a new game. Might upload this XP install patch if anyone is interested.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  
Geraldine wrote:
Halo 2 on XP! 😀 What a difference it makes, they way it was ment to be without Vista! Before I had to run it on medium settings and it was still a bit slow, now everything is cranked up to the max. It's almost a new game. Might upload this XP install patch if anyone is interested.

I have Halo 2 on the Xbox, is there much difference between the Xbox and PC versions. ❓

Recent buys

Darkstar one on the 360

Bat 11 on the Amiga

Independence War special edition

And Messiah for 99p some days you just got to love flea bay. 😀

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

PINBACK wrote:
I have Halo 2 on the Xbox, is there much difference between the Xbox and PC versions. ❓

I also have a copy for the Xbox 1. The main differences is you can run the game at a much higher res and the PC version just looks a lots better. Speedwise it's better too, but that is down to using newer hardware. Also using a mouse means you can really lay it on to enemies 😈

On the 360 vs the Xbox 1, it is also a bit faster. One thing about the XP patch though, there is a bug when you reach the Gravemind chapter, but a fix is included with the patch. It uses Procmon. If you want to try it out, let me know I and stick it in the SSC download area. 😉

Oh, and Messiah was an excellent game, I snagged a copy off GOG 😉

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

I don’t own ether game on the PC, but I will keep an eye out for them.

Then it’s payback time for the Covenant with the mouse and keyboard. 😀

Not been able to play Messiah yet as my 98 laptop can’t handle it, will have to wait until I get the other computer out 😥

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

One last thing re: Halo 2 on XP. Make sure you update the game to the latest patch 1.04 because if you dont Windows Live may cause it to crash when it auto updates

here is a link http://halo2.filefront.com/file/Halo_Patch_10104;24280

You might need to update Windows Live too

Finally here is an old vid on how it all works

Dont forget that by using Procmon, you can get by the Gravemind bug 🙂

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

And my gaming collection continues to grow with

Wing Commander Prophecy never played this so be interesting to see what it’s like.

Two X com games Apocalypse and Interceptor, played the budget re-release version of Apocalypse many years ago but never got into it.

Ghost Master again played the played the budget re-release version a few years ago and got stuck on the headless horseman level, nice to get the full game with a manual this time.

Hired Guns for the Amiga remember reading the reviews for this when it first came out and not being that impressed by it.

No One Lives Forever 2

Merchant of Venus for the ZX81, one of the early space trading game from 1982

And 3 XBox games

Grabbed by the Ghoulies

Metal Arms

And Destroy of all Humans 2 probing in the 1960 now. 😆

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

"Probing"? 😕 😆

Anyways, yes No One Lives Forever 2 is not bad, but the first game is the one to go for as it has a lot more variety in the levels and is longer too. The GOTY version even had more multiplayer levels too. The Merchant Of Venus? I think I had that game on my Speccy? Been eons since I played it though. Oh, and the Halo2 hack is in the download section 😉

EDIT: Um, the Halo 2 XP hack seems to have disappered 😕 Oh, and you were correct Pinback, the Merchant Of Venus was never out on the speccy. Perhaps I was thinking of the board game instead, it was a long time ago 😳

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 14