Notifications
Clear all

I use crypto.com app personally on a daily basis and its great and takes the stress out of learning crypto and the crypto debit cards are great, ask me anything on this. I will probably make a thread discussing crypto soon. REFERRAL CODE = p5mu64hcq4

Parsec Thesis paper

Simbad
(@simbad)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Does anyone have a place where to get the parsec thesis that is the base and documentation for the parsec engine?

Braindead
(@braindead)
Master Chief Registered

google pointed me to this

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Those links have been long dead 🙁

But I did a little searching and I would try this: http://www.cg.tuwien.ac.at/research/pub ... er-thesis/

Markus Hadwiger was a programmer for Parsec. If that is what your looking for I might download it and upload it to the download area so this isn't lost for good 🙂

ReplyQuote
Simbad
(@simbad)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Thanks Darkone but this is not the parsec paper.

The parsec paper describes the details of the implementation, where and why are limits and such things. Parsec consists of a networking layer. Even this part is interesting and it is described in the parsec thesis paper.

I downloaded the parsec lan test about 10 or more years ago and it was great. High performance on a 90MHz Pentium machine and support for Win32/Linux and MacOS.

For now I have the source code from the sourceforge repository. But not the papers.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

I will do some more digging later, but have you tried to contact any of the development team that worked on parsec? Because I know these docs will be extremely hard to find since the links on Parsec stopped working almost 5-6yrs ago.

ReplyQuote
Simbad
(@simbad)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Got them ! 🙂

Found a link in the forum archive and it worked. It is a zip file with several pdfs in. Do you want the file to save the information?

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Sure just post the link and I will take care of the rest.

ReplyQuote
Simbad
(@simbad)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

http://users.skynet.be/galain/parsec_thesis_pdf.zip

ReplyQuote