Vocal Response Comp...

Notifications
Clear all

Vocal Response Compilation - Have your Ship Talk back!

Gomisan
(@gomisan)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Firstly let me say I hope this is something that will interest people on these forums. It's had a great reception in the Elite and Star Citizen forums and it's time to share it a bit more widely.

What Is It?

A female voice for VoiceAttack! The VRC (Vocal Response Compilation) is a custom recorded computer voice for your ships computer. A professional voice artist has worked with me to create a versatile and useful collection of responses that you can use with VoiceAttack to have your ship computer respond to your every whim. (if you haven't checked out VoiceAttack.. do so, it's a voice recognition program that works brilliantly with games and it's only $8 itself!! )

It's specifically designed for use with Space Sims and Space Combat games like Elite: Dangerous, Star Citizen and other Space Sims such as the X series

Where Can I Get It?

You can buy it for only $3USD here https://sellfy.com/p/NaGf/

Anyone who buys this pack (and I'm charging VERY little for it) will get updates for free as long as I'm adding stuff.

Thats the link to buy the Female English Voice Pack. It's only $3 USD, so we think it's a no brainer.

Our webiste with FAQ, and other info is at http://vrcompilations.com/

How Do I Use It?

Basically you can just extract the files to your HDD, then when using VoiceAttack tell the program to play a sound, and point it at the sound you want played.

One of our helpful users Inaeem has posted the following info:

The definitive VoiceAttack threads and setup introduction below may prove useful. Commander Flaks Voice Controlling Elite: Dangerous - A Guide is truly extraordinary. I’d recommend downloading and utilising a predefined profile kindly made available by fellow Commanders which you can further customise to suit you specifically. You’ll need to extract the zipped file; I use 7-zip file manager.

Once you’ve acquired a profile you can import through the dropdown options under profile (top left hand side of the main VoiceAttack menu). If you want to apply a new sound, edit a command (first icon top left-centre of main window) double-click on command (edit profile window) and select other on the left hand side of the edit command window, next you’ll need to scroll down (other stuff window dropdown) to select play a sound and select browse for application icon to locate a new sound clip. Please do persevere it’ll be second nature in no time, VoiceAttack is beyond revolutionary. Take care and Elite!

http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=12857

http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18174

YouTube video behind the spoiler...

Also, if the phrase you want isn't there, you may be able to construct it from parts, another user gave us this tip:

I had to make up a couple using two comments ie "Navigation" and "Off" but found you need to add a 1 second pause between or you just get "off".

Just make the pause the length of the fisrt voice clip, that stops the second one playing over the top of it (which negates it entirely)

What's The Latest News?

We're updating the pack frequently at the moment, adding extra responses, fixing any issues reported with the current set.

UPDATE 31/8/2014

We've just released a massive update which brings our voice pack to over 700 audio samples! That's right, 700+ individual samples for you to use with your ship's computer. We've reworked the naming schema to make them easier to find, and fixed audio gremplins that users have pointed out.

What Else?

I've worked with professional voice acting talent to create this huge set of voice responses for Elite and other space sim games. We think it's pretty cool, and hopefully so will you.

This pack is in English, and has a female computer voice. I'll be releasing English Male, and Polish Female packs as well, but its a time consuming process!

Use this with Voice Attack for an awesome immersive experience. In fact a future update will include pre-made VA profiles for Elite and Star Citizen.

Anyone who buys this pack (and I'm charging VERY little for it) will get updates for free as long as I'm adding stuff.

It IS a work in progress, I'm releasing it early to get a feel for how it's received. You WILL get a LOT more audio files as I release updates.

Where Can I Find You?

We have a Facebook Page:

and an official website: http://vrcompilations.com/

I have also setup a support email address for bugs/questions: support at tglmultimedia.com

Gomisan
(@gomisan)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Oh and if this should be elsewhere... just let me know. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Well Don't know if you will get any response.

Will have to look up that voice attack and and look at what sort of headphones/ microphone are available as well.

Any plans to support the free games Oolite and Pioneer spring to mind although I think Oolite has some thing like this already.

ReplyQuote
Gomisan
(@gomisan)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

We can support pretty much anything... though some game specific responses may more tailored towards Star Citizen and Elite.

The beautiful thing about working with VoiceAttack (we're not affiliated, just complimentary) is that it can be used with ANY software. It's not game, or application specific. VoiceAttack uses your windows voice recognition, you setup profiles with different phrases for it to recognise and it runs macros, presses keys, plays sounds etc etc

The VRC (Vocal Response Compilation) is a pack of voice samples in WAV format that are responses to common commands, so if you say 'Target Next Enemy' there is a voice sample that responds 'Enemy Targetted' or a number of variations thereof. We're also still taking suggestions for more samples to include, so there's room to cater for other games if people want to make suggestions at the moment.

You can check out the full list of current samples here: http://ufo-x.com/?attachment_id=76

ReplyQuote
Gomisan
(@gomisan)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

UPDATE 20/7/2014

Wow.. almost two weeks since our last update. Things have been busy here, and we didnt have much left to add from the original recording session so just a small update today, we've added in numbers and a couple more 'movie' quotes. This is the last of the recordings from our original session.

Big news is that we have locked in another recording session with our voice artist. This means that a few of the original phrases will get re-recorded (seriously, we need your feedback on these) and a whole stack of new words and phrases will be added to the compilation. Recording takes place in the first week of August. More updates will follow after that.

thanks for supporting us!

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Remember Gomisan that you can submit pay-to-download files in the SSC Download area as well, there is a small commission charge for the site but its another avenue to sell you work as well.

ReplyQuote
Gomisan
(@gomisan)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Version 2.3 UPDATE 31/8/2014

This latest update (version 2.3) to the Vocal Resonse Compilation is a major one. We've fixed over 80 samples that users reported audio issues with. Mostly these had very short 'tails' so some media playback software was truncating the audio.

In addition we have added about 80 NEW samples. But the real big change is the naming schema.

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ

We have renamed EVERY file. I know that's a pain in the royal behind but with 700 plus samples and more being added finding the sample you want is important. Our original naming scheme was poorly planned so we've had to bite the bullet and make this wholesale change.

Extracting the update over your old directory will NOT overwrite any of your current samples, so no need to change your VoiceAttack profile immediately, but the fixed audio responses are obviously there with a new name.

We hope you continue to enjoy our work and remember that we're the only pack with such a huge array of responses recorded by a professional voice actress, not read out by a computer.

ReplyQuote
auryx
(@auryx)
Warrant Officer Registered

Hi Gomisan,

Very clever idea 🙂 Is there a free sample of the voice used in the voice pack anywhere? Just one command, for example?

auryx

You look good through a crosshair.

ReplyQuote
Gomisan
(@gomisan)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Thanks auryx for the prmpt. We've been intending to publish a few samples for a while.

You're not the first person to ask for a female voice sample pack, or a few free voice samples.

http://vrcompilations.com/female-voice-sample-pack/

The link above should satisfy that. Voice samples to play and hear what our lovely Emma is providing for you. She had a hell of a time keeping a straight face with teh Star Trek reference 🙂 i think we did about 4 takes with some terrible scottish accents creeping in.

ReplyQuote
auryx
(@auryx)
Warrant Officer Registered

Thanks Gomisan. Unfortunately the in-browser audio player you have doesn't work with my IE 11, hah 😀 but that's hardly your fault! Will try a different browser.

Cheers for making these available!

auryx

You look good through a crosshair.

ReplyQuote
Gomisan
(@gomisan)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

That's just bizarre. I was working in Firefox when I did it so didn't even think to test IE. So at work today I checked it, and sure enough IE 11 doesn't like it at all. Chrome is OK though.

If you didn't get to hear them, I can post links in the page too.

ReplyQuote