Notifications
Clear all

First video trailer for GoD Factory: Wingmen

Guillaume
(@guillaume)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

I'm just back from PAX (what an AMAZING experience!) and we've had a trailer to reveal there. Might as well show you the video and see if that gets you excited!

We've had hundreds upon hundreds of people piling up at our booth and waiting up to 20 minutes to try the game. Most recurrent comments were that it had the best controls they had ever seen in a space combat sim, that it was pretty and that they couldn't believe this was just an alpha. So far, so good!

auryx
(@auryx)
Warrant Officer Registered

Looks good, Guillaume! The graphics and fluid motion of the gameplay are really impressive and the music is cool too. Really promising that everyone at  PAX loved it too 🙂

It's a little too arcade-game for me (I prefer in-cockpit view and all that old-fashioned stuff 🙂 ) but would still definitely play the finished version. Good luck!

auryx

You look good through a crosshair.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I have always liked your direction of this game just because I like games that go outside the 'norm' and that we are just touching on the series of games here because of your back story. I agree with Auryx in that your team has done a great job on the flight mechanics in that it is very smooth and looks to be responsive. Sure wish I could have went to PAX, since I live in NH its only about 2hrs drive for me. Just couldn't schedule it in, maybe next year.

It had to be exciting Guillaume seeing peoples reactions to what you have been working hard on, and that you probably good some good feedback in what people like and are looking for as well. And with God Factory: Wingmen only being in alpha is a good thing in that you have time to tweak and cater to some needs of the fans.

ReplyQuote
Guillaume
(@guillaume)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

It was so reassuring to see such a positive reaction. We've spent 9 months cloistered doing our stuff without having any proof that this isn't just "in our head". Lot of people thought the game was either out or about to be out, that's also very promising 😛 Soon we'll launch a greenlight campaign, I'm confident that we will leverage more support for this title than we did with our previous title. I could put a link to SSC in our page at the same time 😉

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

You could easily place this game, in the "Doctor Who" univerce. 🙂  (In fact I was waiting to see, if a certain blue police box, made a cameo appearence 😀  ). And you must be big fans of "Descent"!!!     (Always a good thing)!!! 

ReplyQuote
Guillaume
(@guillaume)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

The worst part is that I never played Descent. I have more experience with Star Fox and Ace Combat than space sims, but that might be why my vision of the genre is different. I don't bring the same influences to the table. Then again, some people in the team have way more experience with space sims than I do and they bring their own experiences to their work and it shows. Freespace and Freelancer are two very strong influence on the game even though I haven't played them, because the team has a fair amount of creative freedom.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I do actually like the fact that some of the development team really has no 'space combat sim' experience because then that makes the devs use their imagination on how it should be and in some ways it is excellent because this is how innovation happens. Will GoD Factory: Wingmen please everyone, probably not. Will it be unique? I would say yes. Space combat style games in my mind have to have of course good fly mechanics and I personally like the small little things like ship adjustments to increase performance or combat abilities, which you are tackling with the ship construction area (hanger) and making everything modular.

Hey keep it up and do remember the more you can saturate youtube and posting information the more everything indexes on the net and it slowly gets your game out there to the masses. Glad to hear all this positive feedback you received from the game show because it charges up those batteries to make you work harder 🙂

ReplyQuote
Guillaume
(@guillaume)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

I've been hyper productive since PAX, as you said nothing recharges your batteries more than seeing people genuinely enthusiastic about your game 🙂 We've been compared over and over to big titles. Being compared positively to Freespace, Star Fox and Wing Commander over and over is quite gratifying!

ReplyQuote