Notifications
Clear all

The background story behind GoD Factory: Wingmen

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Hey Guillaume

I cannot remember the post, but I think you stated that 'if successful' the GoD Factory story will be told over several games. And I think you mentioned that it is based off some stories you wrote? If so, is there any plans to release the stories in a pdf form or shipping it with the game or is all the story going to be told in-game only?

Your art style you have chosen is unique and something that breathes new life into space combat, what were some of the insperations that helped you along the way in creating GoD Factory's overall story?

Guillaume
(@guillaume)
Petty Officer Registered

Hey D1! We'd like to use an approach that is similar to Mass Effect: create a codex that would fill as new titles are released. We thought of even making entries in this codex one of the many types of rewards you can unlock through playing GoD Factory; Wingmen. Of course seeing this information on a wiki or something like that would be really cool as well.

We will eventually post more stuff on the lore. We'd like to introduce the species one by one, talking about their traits, their history and their ships particularities.

The art style was pretty much all designed by Étienne Vanier, our art lead. Among his inspirations that go outside the common sci fi stuff is anime and Final Fantasy stuff, Indian, assyrian, arabic and gothic architecture, and a constant search for grace, ornate details and luminosity. By staying true to this focus he came up with that very unique look.

By the way, is there a way for me to receive notifications anytime anything is posted in the GoD Factory subsection? I came here by chance and found your post this way, but I would like to make sure I can reply quickly to any question related to GoD Factory!

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Thanks for the info Guillaume and there should be a 'follow this forum' or 'follow this topic' button near the top right of each page. Click that and that should get you what you want.

ReplyQuote
Guillaume
(@guillaume)
Petty Officer Registered

Got it! Thank you!

ReplyQuote