Try GoD Factory: Wingmen for FREE this month only!
So, apart from releasing a new cool video on a few ways to deceive the enemies by luring them away from your target, we decided to make the game available to all as a way to increase awareness to the game.
Here's the information about it from our latest kickstarter updates:
NEW BUILD FOR EVERYONE
So, we've been working pretty hard to have a version of the game that we could openly distribute to everyone to show them that yes, GoD Factory is worth backing. It's even working with Oculus Rift, if you happen to have access to a devkit. Just press 7 on the num pad to activate Oculus mode, and 5 to recenter if the camera becomes offset (this happens every now and then and we are investigating a solution for this).
Please note, however, that you *will* encounter bugs, there's plenty of work left to do on our side, but at least you'll get a precise idea of where we are at. Note that it's also possible that some won't be able to join, we have very limited server space and we haven't tested the compatibility for a lot of PC and peripheral setups.
Also note that this build is available to anyone, but it will stay active only for a month and will not be updated. After that, only the backers who paid for beta access will receive build updates and access to our servers.
Now that we have a build of the game available for everyone, the biggest challenge is to have enough players online at the same time to populate the matches. We really suggest that you wait until you have at least 6 players in the lobby before starting the match. I know that it's not fun to have to wait for more players, but you'll see a huge difference. Bring as many of your friends as you can, this will have an enormous impact on our community.
A few things of notes to help you enjoy the game more:
- Keep in mind that the objective of the game is to destroy the enemy's carrier. If you focus on dogfighting too much, you'll get a few kills but not the victory!
- Use "V" on the keyboard for communication macros. Using these will help you coordinate with your teammates.
- Use the minimap on the bottom left to know where are your allies and where's the action at
- Head back to your dock often to restock on ammunition and switch ships to recharge the shield of the one you just used over time.
- GoD Factory is extremely skill-based, so try to balance the teams. If you have a player that never tried the game before, try to team him up with more experienced players
- If you can't fire a weapon, maybe it requires that you lock-on to a target prior to firing
- Turrets are dangerous, especially up-close. Take them down, use decoys to take damage for you, use the sabotage turret ability, use long range weapons or highly resilient ships when attacking carriers directly or destroy the Main Deck to lower their efficiency
- You can customize your ships while in a lobby waiting for more players. You get something to do while you wait for the match to fill up, and you can even use this as an opportunity to make a ship that is highly compatible with your teammates.
As we said, there are quite a few bugs in the game. Add everything we forgot to mention in the comments!
- Make sure that if you're using something else than mouse and keyboard, the "Mousestick" option must be unchecked in the options
- Different settings in tutorial and in real matches
- Crashes and disconnects (nothing can really prevent this aside from having a really good internet connection)
- Many scripting errors in the tutorial. Many many things can go wrong in the tutorial, but please try and get through it, it will still help you in the long run.
Play with us!
Whenever you see a name in blue in the lobby, you're playing with a developer! Use this as an opportunity to ask questions. We will be making ourselves available at various hours of the day. We'll do what we can to join as often as possible. We will also make ourselves available to play at these hours every day for the rest of the Kickstarter (in EST timezone):
1:00PM to 2:30PM
8:00PM to 10:00PM
We now have a barebones forum for people who want to discuss all things related to GoD Factory or Nine Dots.
This is an excellent tool if you want to schedule some matches and find players to team up with. You can start forming clans as well or have a tournament!
I can't wait to hear what you guys think.
Downloading now. Hope to give some feedback soon, probably tomorrow its getting late 🙂
Nice comments on the kickstarter about the preview and that idea about maybe a small LAN only copy that it somewhat restricted would be a decent advertisement for the full game.
Looking forward to your feedback D1!
Well finally took the preview for a run and looking good so far and have some questions;
1. When your ship gets damaged and you return to the hanger and switch ships, how come it takes so long to regen the shields?
2. 'Tab' is supposed to be focus on target. but i pressed this when I was getting near and I didn't really see any effect. Am I doing something wrong?
3. I thought the weapons were not working right because I would unload on a target and the target doesn't seem to be damaged or ever get destroyed. One thing I did noticed was that when you think your locked on a target you cannot really tell, no cycle through targets button.
4. When you press 'W' and your going very fast can you be targeted when going this fast? I find it hard to steer using the mouse when going that fast.
Hey there D1!
1. The time it takes depends on the ship regen stat. A fast-healing ship could heal up completely in barely 40 seconds while a slow healing ship with lots of shield points could take over 3 minutes to heal.
2. Did you see a bigger square on your target and a larger arrow pointing to the target when it was out of sight?
3. The carrier parts are extremely resilient to force player cooperation. You'll see a much bigger effect when you coordinate an attack with 2 or three allies, but for that you need to get into a populated match, which can be a little hard at the moment given that we don't have that many players. As for the cycling through targets, how would you suggest that it would work?
4. You can be targeted while boosting, meaning that a very fast boost speed is the best stat if you want to get out of a heated situation efficiently. A high handling stat will help move as you boost. It can also help to use the mouse stick option for the controls, which can be harder to get used to but which has a higher potential for expert players.
It would be really cool to schedule a match with a few SSC users to ahve a better feel of a 4v4 match 🙂 Let me know if you can think of a way to make this happen!