Notifications
Clear all

Preview: Heresy War

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Unless you comb over google you have probably not heard of Heresy War. But it is shaping to be quite a nice addition to the Space Combat Sim genre. Basis of the story is that humanity has been reborn from the ashes after a catastrophic world war. And you are put in the cockpit of the most technologically advanced fighters in the human military fleet (The Core) as you witnesses the start of a civil war.

Feature in the game so far:

Main gameplay features

- Mission-based, story-driven gameplay

- Branching non-linear campaign based on player's actions

- Sequential capital ship destruction

- Intuitive interface and controls

- Complete freedom across all axes

- Squadron command

- Self-adjusting difficulty level

- Arcade and simulation control

- 16 player Multiplayer

Modding features

- Fully customizable, data-driven engine

- Powerful scripting language

- Exporters from popular 3D formats to game format

- WYSIWYG Editors and development tools

You can download their demo of the game: http://www.dreambuildersstudios.com/Fil ... mo3_01.exe

Don't judge to harshly this game isn't even in Beta yet. So play the demo and ley us know what you think?

A few screenshots of the game:

hw_1.jpg

hw_2.jpg

hw_3.jpg

hw_4.jpg

hw_5.jpg

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Found a gameplay video for the demo

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Twitter.... Maybe I show my age now. I have heard of the site but until now it was the first time I have ever been to the site. Looks like a simple question and answer style page. Nice. Can't wait for the Alpha/Beta or the next Demo c0mas 😀

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Guess it is the waiting game now. Been silent on the Heresy War homepage lately. But they are still at work and say they could have something for us soon (1-3months). Wonder if they can sneak us a few new screenshots 🙂

ReplyQuote
spelk
(@spelk)
Petty Officer Registered

Its good to know that development is still underway, and that there are nuggets of information being published to keep our appetites whet. Heresy War is one of the shiniest stars of the upcoming Space Combat games, and one that seems to push action and story in equal measure. Here's hoping your game will come to fruition soon c0mas, I'm sure theres an eager bunch of gamers here willing to buy it up.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Hey Spelk

If you haven't already tried the demo do take it for a spin and let us know what you thought of it. There isn't many SP/MP based space games coming so I would agree that this one will be gladly purchased when the time comes. And you never know it might actually be free?

I have a lot of interest in this title myself and will keep everyone posted on progress as soon as I learn of it. But to everyone please give your feedback on the demo here in the forums so we can get some feedback on whether it will be addressed or put on the TO DO list. Right now is a great time to give that feedback while they are still plugging away at HW.

And thanks c0mas on the update concerning updates 🙂

-D1-

ReplyQuote
spelk
(@spelk)
Petty Officer Registered

When I found out about the HW demo, I gave it a blast and was very impressed with what I saw. It seems to fill the position of pick up and play shooter with an arcade aesthetic, yet with a Universe, story and missions that are involving and hopefully captivating. There are too many Elite wanna-bes for me, sandbox gameplay with less than fulfilling story elements. I want a believeable Universe to take part in a conflict with consequences and emotional investment, yet have the dynamics of visually stimulating space battles. Hopefully HW takes the story elements and weaves it at the fighter level, with as much eye candy as say Nexus does with big lumbering battleships. Hopefully it will be exhilirating like space combat in Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Babylon 5, but with the a new set of lore and story underpinning the action.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Whats being going on with Heresy War?. ❓

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  
PINBACK wrote:
Whats being going on with Heresy War?. ❓

Last time I talked with c0mas they were finishing up the MP demo and hopefully finishing up some mod tools so we can do some things to the demo or make some content that can be brought into HW when released. Maybe c0mas will see this thread and chime in because my memory is getting shorter and shorter 🙂

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

c0mas I take it that when people play the MP demo that they will create games on your game server or will the player host them on their machines?

We are all like wild animals here that don't get fed much when is the HW team gonna throw us a few new screenshots to feed on for a while 🙂

ReplyQuote