Notifications
Clear all

New IWar Area

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Hey Everyone

Have at it. I-War 2 i have played and got a lot of satisfaction from playing this game and it is really worth getting. This game got good reviews from all the gaming mags put just wasn't a lot of sales 🙁 But particle Systems put out a great game. Is there any IWar-2 fans out there......?

I will add a download area to the site and I still need to get some permission to suck down most if not all the mods and stick them in the download area.

Have fun.... and install the I-War games and play them.

-D1-

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Great games the I-war game,I will have to go back and play them again.

fans might be interested in this.

Glyn Williams made Warhead for the Atari st/Amiga is a sort Prequel to the first i-war game that he later worked on.

http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/St ... rhead.html

Have look on Lemonamiga http://www.lemonamiga.com/ and follow the link to the adf file you will of

course need a amiga emulator. Iirc the link should be there some where as well.

ReplyQuote
starlord
(@starlord)
Master Chief Registered

Actually, one true successor to the warhead game in terms of story is FX5700 mantis: experimental fighter.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

I have never heard of either Mantis or Warhead. And I thought i have played most of the space games out there 😆

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Cheers Starlord,I will have a look at Mantis 😀

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

Quote:
Actually, one true successor to the warhead game in terms of story is FX5700 mantis: experimental fighter.

More of a re-imagining of the original Warhead.

ReplyQuote
starlord
(@starlord)
Master Chief Registered

Yes, that's what i meant.

And although the Cd version boasts an insane number of missions and an interesting plot (more expanded however, than the original warhead). This one is hell to play, as it's fully newtonian.

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

I've only just recently started playing I-war 2, and I'm amazed at how good it is. Puts a lot of modern games to shame.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

I know. I-War2 was too advanced for its time and unfortunately got great reviews but never got the big exposure other space sim titles during that time frame got. Makes me want to load it up but not sure how it will run on my Vista box since I haven't tried it yet.

ReplyQuote
CosmiChaos
(@cosmichaos)
Crewman Registered

On Nvidia card make sure you have at least version 260.93 installed:

That changelog noted:

Improves compatibility for older PC games (DirectX 7 to DirectX 9) running on Windows 7 (examples: Gothic, Gothic II, Falcon 4.0: Allied Force, Links 2003, Independence War II - Edge of Chaos, and X2: Wolverine's Revenge).

ReplyQuote
volrider
(@volrider)
Petty Officer Registered

I'm a big fan of I-war 2, and the original, for that matter. I run 64-bit Vista, and it worked well for me, though I haven't played it in a while.

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

Did you manage to finish it? Last time I played I got quite far and then suddenly hit an impassable error, no matter what I did it would crash on the same error. That was with win7x64.

ReplyQuote
volrider
(@volrider)
Petty Officer Registered

s2odan wrote:
Did you manage to finish it? Last time I played I got quite far and then suddenly hit an impassable error, no matter what I did it would crash on the same error. That was with win7x64.

Actually, I've played it so many times I don't often try to finish it, anymore. I have more fun raiding ships for cargo, and picking fights. I love watching the supercargo ships crash coming out of the jump point.

Did you get the latest patch? I believe Darkone has it in the download section.

ReplyQuote
theweasl
(@theweasl)
Crewman Registered

I agree I war II is awesome. I have played it several times.

The mod Torn Stars is also very cool, but it is not finished yet. It seems that the development team has lost interest in finishing it.

Which is too bad it looks good.

ReplyQuote
starlord
(@starlord)
Master Chief Registered

I never got to find out, but are the red alien ships also the chaos entity from I war?

ReplyQuote
volrider
(@volrider)
Petty Officer Registered

starlord wrote:
I never got to find out, but are the red alien ships also the chaos entity from I war?

Are you referring to the red and black ships? The ones ID'ed as Marauders on the contacts?

Here's the info;

They are basically mercs hired by the head of Maas Corp, the guy who kills the father in the intro.

ReplyQuote
starlord
(@starlord)
Master Chief Registered

No not the maurauders, but those ships that invade the badlands cluster which you barely stop by destroying the megagate... are they linked to the chaos?

ReplyQuote
volrider
(@volrider)
Petty Officer Registered

Oh, you mean the ones that first appear when Maas Corp tries to activate the artifact? You know, I don't think that gets explained in the game. I think destroying the gate is the last mission, at least, I don't remember any after that. Of course, it's been a long time since I last played all the way through.

ReplyQuote
Hot4Darmat
(@hot4darmat)
Petty Officer Registered

If you're still looking for fellow fans of the Independence War game series, yes, here I am *sticks hand up eagerly*. I am one. Best games ever. I love most space sim and sci fi games but these games represented the high water mark of the genre. Still searching for and hoping to capture the same excellent look, feel, intelligence and gameplay of these great games.

BTW, I am thrilled to have discovered this forum. Glad to find a community of like-minded folks. Back in the day, the I-war forums were some of the best discussions and community I ever encountered. Good on you for setting this up.

ReplyQuote