Notifications
Clear all

Unstable Space Beta Released

Cambragol
(@cambragol)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

For anyone still interested, I have managed to, over the past 4 months, figure out how to code, and have patched together a working version of the Unstable Space beta. Feel free to head on over to Torn-stars.com and try it out. Be warned that after years of working alone on this thing, I am utterly exhausted and don't know what kind of bug support I can give. There are bound to be many, but it still should be playable. Hopefully someone will find some enjoyment out of it.

Get it here: http://www.torn-stars.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=25&Itemid=81

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Thanks Cambragol for the dedication 🙂

I am uploading this right now to the Iwar2 download area and added a small readme that gives very simple install instructions. Hopefully after I review two more games that I can load this up and start playing. I liked these two screenshots as well...

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2726&g2_GALLERYSID=f646fd566913e746616ebca317588287.jpg

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1920&g2_GALLERYSID=f646fd566913e746616ebca317588287.jpg

ReplyQuote
Cambragol
(@cambragol)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

That first shot shows a sample of one of the custom cockpits I was making for each ship in the game. I pulled that feature from the Beta, as it is incomplete. I may add it as a mod for Unstable Space, finished or not.

ReplyQuote
DiabloTigerSix
(@diablotigersix)
Master Chief Registered

I-WAR 2 with the visual updated for 2012's standards? Me gusta.

ReplyQuote
Cambragol
(@cambragol)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

To tell the truth the graphics are not really updated, except for the main Milky Way skybox. It is probably the biggest, mist realistic skybox every used in a Space Sim. Unfortunately, it is so big that it causes a lot of peoples' games to lock up, so I highly recommend using the 'low-res' version of the Beta which only differs from the nirmal one in that it does not include this huge skybox. It is otherwise identical.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

😯 WOW this is really good work Cambragol! I admit 😳 that I sometimes forget how good the I War games are. Well done! 😎

@ Darkone, I propose that Cambragol be upgraded in status from Warrant Officer to the title of I-War Modder as a special thanks and to show recognition of his magnificent work. What do you say Darkone ❓

ReplyQuote
DiabloTigerSix
(@diablotigersix)
Master Chief Registered

The models seem to be much more detailed though.

ReplyQuote
Dalkeith
(@dalkeith)
Senior Chief Registered

Quick question when you say mist realistic Milky Way - does this mean that as far as possible you've tried to recreate digitally the milky way star systems... if so How many did you recreate? (Impressive work whatever)

ReplyQuote
Cambragol
(@cambragol)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  
Dalkeith wrote:
Quick question when you say mist realistic Milky Way - does this mean that as far as possible you've tried to recreate digitally the milky way star systems... if so How many did you recreate? (Impressive work whatever)

Well, it is based on Nasa photographs...so all the star systems are recreated. At least along the band of the milky way. There the stars are so tightly clustered that it is mostly a haze. But even there the nebula and star clusters that should be there, are there. It took a loooooong time to make, and I think it will satisfy anyone who wants that 'my god...it's full of stars' feeling.

Of course, from the point of few of the Middle States system, you are not going to see any 'familiar' stars in the sky. You will see the stars of the Middle States though. Each is correctly placed, and accurately represented in terms of color and luminosity.

ReplyQuote
Dalkeith
(@dalkeith)
Senior Chief Registered

That's brilliant cab - I think that makes the whole thing instructional as well as enjoyable.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

this is an epic mod to one of the all time greats, thankyou.

ReplyQuote
Hot4Darmat
(@hot4darmat)
Petty Officer Registered

Cambragol, I would like to personally thank you for your efforts. You did a great job bringing this to completion. I can't tell you how pleased I am that someone stuck with it for so long after all that work we all put in so long ago only to have it languish until you breathed life back into it. That's loyalty! Way to go!!

ReplyQuote