Notifications
Clear all

Art of Infinity BattleScape

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

I see that Infinity have their forums back up and that they have this blog about the art ect for Battlescape. http://artofinfinty.blogspot.co.uk/

Frigate-Jan_zps70360f59.png

Apollo_zpsffda84d2.png

SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

That first design is right up my alley 😀 These are really good.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I hate to sound negative, but I have been seeing great videos, artwork and models from this game for many years now and we seem to be moving at such a snails pace that this will never be released in the state that I would hope it would be in.

ReplyQuote
MV2000
(@mv2000)
Warrant Officer Registered

The second design looks so Albion Skunk-ish.

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

I hear you D1, that thought is with all of us, but guess we'll just have to wait ... and hope ... and see.

Btw, does anyone know if they're actually gonna make a ship based on that first concept art ? Cause I'd like to make my own version of it if they're not gonna make it.

ReplyQuote
INovaeGene
(@inovaegene)
Petty Officer Registered

Yes, we do plan to use that first concept for Battlescape 🙂

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

Oh darn it :))  Well, best of luck then 😀

ReplyQuote
Cruisin1500
(@cruisin1500)
Master Chief Registered

people actually still follow this? Welcome to 2002

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

Their still a few diehards out there.

Big problem for them now is where Infinity once looked unique, now their are a few of these games starting to appear and Infinity is going to need some thing to make it stand out from the crowd.

ReplyQuote
Cruisin1500
(@cruisin1500)
Master Chief Registered

Exactly. It doesn't stand out anymore. The developer spent months focusing like things on how well water reflected...there is nothing here that hasn't been done and isn't being done.

Rodina...Limit Theory...couple others, then theres games like Pulsar which not exactly the same like seamless transitions etc... are still going to be extremely fun sandboxy type games.

Star Citizen and Elite.

I backed SC simply because it is by CR. It also happens to sound like the be all end all space game. Your ship inside and out, planets, fleets, big ships, small ships, full simulation. The more I read about it the more it sounds like the design concept is bang on. Things like how you actually create your character, how death is handled.

That being said, I don't follow SC at all I'll simply wait for it to come out. I only learned some things about it when I watched a video on youtube recently about 10 reasons to look forward to SC.

Infinity missed his boat. I don't know what investor in his right mind will invest money into a guy who has been pushing vapor ware for 10 years. But the KS backers will no doubt be awed by some special video, and pour into it.

ReplyQuote