Notifications
Clear all

Infinity: Battlescape live stream

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Its a little on the boring side I thought but you do get a decent amount of info during the video. But to me the game looks like it still needs a ton of work.... still after 10yrs 🙂

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Looks like work has been progressing well with the game.they had another livestream yesterday. If you want to back the game you can still get in on the act if you have a credit card otherwise they should be hitting Steam next year according to the FAQ https://forums.inovaestudios.com/t/infinity-battlescape-faq/1112

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Another vid of their live stream, nice bit terrain of the mountains and valleys at the start of the vid. Kicks off around the 5 min mark.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Another Beta weekend, this weekend 7th to 10th for backer of the game. https://forums.inovaestudios.com/t/i-novae-community-events/6523/58

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

I believe they are going to open the game to all backer in Feb but I can find the announcement.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I didn't watch all of that stream, is it me or does this seem boring? Granted the concept seems fun, and would be interested in watching a stream with someone playing when there is hundreds of people online playing. Because with this being a multiplayer only game and fighting all in one instance it will be important to have no lag when war is the whole purpose of this game 🙂

It would be nice to know the game session time for a basic game, because at some point there should be a reset of the system you would think since this isn't a MMO and its universe isn't as big as EVE. With this all taking place in generated solar system it is important to know the pacing and how fast this game moves.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Another two hours of their livestream showing the latest build of the game.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

New visuals, clouds in space or is smoke?, certainly gives its a different look also some sort of backer weekend going on.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Nearly three hours of it, had a quick look through it and I do like the look of it, just a pity it's an online game.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Agreed, it does look good. But this concept for the most part has been done many times and without a single player or standalone server component this game might have its days numbered. I do want it too succeed because I followed Infinity for many years. But we all knew this game was tailored to a specific crowd so the audience pool for this game is not huge. So I hope it does succeed so they can expand on to this game world.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Another 2 + hours stream, not watched just some bit looks like they are showing some fleet action, pretty impressive.

ReplyQuote