Notifications
Clear all

Infinity Steam page

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

Another long stream, but the big news is they have a Steam page at long last and a release date of the 3rd quarter, maybe. https://store.steampowered.com/app/1079620/Infinity_Battlescape/ now have they kept that offline feature.

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I am not really that excited for this one, I was kinda irritated they abandoned the initial vision of Infinity. This looks ok, just not really into multiplayer only games unless they have some sort of solo style component which I don't think this has from what I have read.

But its good to see the i-novae engine seeing release after all these years 🙂

ReplyQuote
D.C.Elington
(@d-c-elington)
Warrant Officer Registered

Yes such an engine for a multiplayer space battle game sounds like a pity. On the other hand a technological marvel which can render planets from orbit down to pebbles on the ground is also a terrible game design problem: how to fill such huge empty spaces? :/

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Agreed, even if they only use one planet just the realized space involved will look so empty unless you have many thousands of people playing. But what is going to keep people playing? I have to dig more into the game mechanics and to what would keep me coming back, but a simple fight over territory won't do it for me.... I need to see personal growth and progression besides that for the clan/guild your in.

This engine screams exploration, they should add the ability to discover like in NMS where you maybe fight over resources that help you build better weapons and ships. But then you run into the problem where a clan conquers most at first and just shuts progression down for newbs.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

Think Battlescape was a response to ED beating them to market, as Infinity the quest for earth was similar in concept to ED. Problem now is the markets a lot more crowded than it was 5 years ago and a lot online games just don't last.

Still it's great to see them finally get their.

ReplyQuote