Notifications
Clear all

A Challenger Appears!

Bob5602
(@bob5602)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Hello everyone!

Right off the bat, I want to put it out there, that a part of why I am joining this community is selfish, as I am promoting my game. But, as my game is based on space. And this is a space game community, I figure I can both promote my development and market it directly to the people who would most like to learn about it. I'm an employed guy in his Mid twenties, trying to make a 3d Space RTS / Turret Defense game in an homage to Homeworld. Since 3d Space games don't exist anymore, really, and space RTS games even less so, that is what I am working on. The plan is to get a working Turret Defense space game out by the summer, playable for free of course (i'm not selling you anything!!!), playable online, using the Unity engine.

My blog / game development journal is at http://www.gbmproductions.net and it already has a lot of information. Check it out and see if something you guys would be interested in! I need feedback. There is a playable Tech Demo available on the site, very basic, and an actual Alpha Build of the game will be up come Monday. Check it out, give me some feedback, and with your help I can create a Space Sim game thats both awesome and popular.

Cheers,

Marcin

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Bob5602 wrote:
I want to put it out there, that a part of why I am joining this community is selfish, as I am promoting my game. But, as my game is based on space. And this is a space game community, I figure I can both promote my development and market it directly to the people who would most like to learn about it.

Nothing wrong with that at all the more developers of space/scifi themed games the better and thanks for letting us know about your work-in-progress. Looking forward to Monday for that alpha build. I'm sure your going to get the feedback you want on SCO (Space Command One). What I would do is make a official post once your alpha is complete in the indie area since a lot of people generally look in that area.

I will add your game to the game list. Welcome to SSC.

ReplyQuote
Bob5602
(@bob5602)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Thanks for the welcome! Once I get the Alpha done, I'll post a link and more information up on the Indie Dev spot. I haven't gotten much feedback on my concepts, but, having not actually released a playable version at all its difficult for anyone to give feedback. I am mostly getting word out that such a thing is under development, and in the future I'll make sure to post more about where its going. I think its going to be quite special once the full on version is done.

Cheers,

Marcin

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Hi Marcin

Welcome to the SSC 🙂

The Homeworld series will always be one of my most loved space games. You are correct, there is very little out there up to the HW standard, even after all this time. The world really, really needs Homeworld 3 right now, but in the mean time, I will look forward to your progress. Please keep us updated! Please tell me you already know about that super mod for HW2 called Homeworld Complex? In fact I am sure you do 😉

ReplyQuote
Bob5602
(@bob5602)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Again, thank you for the welcome 🙂

Though my game is not nearly Homeworld in terms of scale and awesomeness, I am hoping to at least fill in that void. The trick is I want to represent a new genre, as it were. Something I've never truly seen, and that is mixing an RTS / Tactical game (think Dawn of War 2, or Company of Heroes) with a Turret Defense. I haven't seen many space based Turret Defense games, and I love the genre. And I love RTS games. The hope in the end is to have a game that will encompass the TD genre with the player's main ship, building and upgrading turrets as the primary line of defense. In addition, a full on squad based RTS with your fighter ships, of which there will be multiple types. This is for the offense. Hopefully the two genres will mix as well as I am hoping. Right now I am working on the Alpha build of the game, coming out this monday providing I don't run into more problems, and that will be purely turret defense. Its more of a proof of concept than anything, but I'm hoping it will at least be fun, and fast. Since this will be playable online, there is no reason anyone should not play it 🙂

Thanks for pointing me to Homeworld 2 Complex! I have not heard of it, as I fell away from the Homeworld mod scene for a while since most of them tend to kind of disappear.

Cheers,

Marcin

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

No worries, we have in the past discussed Homeworld Complex. Here is a link to the thread general-space-sim-chat-f10/homeworld2-complex-t894.html

ReplyQuote