Notifications
Clear all

Carpenter and Space-simmer seeks help.

Shingen
(@shingen)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  
I don't know if I can post this here, if not than I guess it won't be here long.

I've been on this site for a few years, so I thought I'd at least give it a try. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

My name is Roger Howland. I'm a 47 year old single guitarist/carpenter who needs a little help.

I don't get any government assistance, no food stamps, no nothing.

Sadly, as a frame carpenter, I'm not even offered any group insurance though my employer, save basic workman's comp.

So, here is the deal.

Through no fault of my own, and as a freak accident at home, a piece of mirror glass fell on my foot and severed the tendon to my Big Toe. It makes it very hard to walk, and is very painful. 

I can't work on it, because I can't return to the job while injured to such a degree that I can't walk. Frame carpentry requires a lot of physical exertion, and VERY good balance.  Alas it happened at home, so Workman's Comp won't cover it.

The main point is I need help with an MRI, meds, and living expenses until I can get "on my feet", return to work, and keep from losing my home in the process. I also do work part-time as a seller on Ebay, but that doesn't match my lost income from work.

Instead of going to the government, I'd rather just ask the REAL people who pay for everything, and just bypass the "government" as much as possible. 

I am attempting this through a GoFundMe Campaign.

I need to find 1000 private individuals willing help me out with $5. However, right now I need people who would be willing to share the below link with at least 5 people in their social media network, and ask those 5 people to share on with 5 others. I figure I need to reach about 10000 individuals.

If I can't get this to work, I may be homeless by winter! The "programs" that the government and medical clinics offer, they don't really apply to me, or the ones that would, wouldn't cover all the incurred expenses.

I am also willing to trade my talent as a guitarist for your $5, and the link-sharing.

I will post an original, acoustic song every week to Youtube and Facebook until I get my foot fixed, and can return to work. I'm also thinking of creating some Let's Plays for Youtube (if you are a gamer).

So, basically, for a donation of $5, or sharing the below link with 5 others, you can potentially get many many original songs for your playlist. They may suck, or you might like them.

Here is the link:

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Phaserlight
(@phaserlight)
Master Chief Registered

Jesus, that sucks!  Good luck on your campaign, and safe road to recovery.

ReplyQuote