Notifications
Clear all

Fellow Pilots <Salute>

Taymar
(@taymar)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

I'm Taymar, a 30 something PC gamer from the UK.

I was a huge Star Wars fan but started my love affair with Space Combat games back with Elite, Scramble and yes arcade Asteriods. I've played pretty much everything the genere has offered, X Wing Series, X Series, Freespace Series, I War Series, Earth and Beyond, Tachyon, Starlancer, Freelancer, SW:G Jump to Hyperspace and my personal favorite Jumpgate Classic.

I believe 'we' have been short changed in recent years with very few great Space based games being developed. I've been involved with many online discussions asking why developers and publishers have avoided this market, without a real answer I'm sorry to say.

I'm currently running a small Squad of pilots waiting for Jumpgate Evolution and Black Prophecy, we've been together for nearly two years even though there's no sign of a game on the horizon, just yet. We keep ourselves busy with other games, our current play list is - Mass Effect 2, AvP, Left 4 Dead 2, Kiling Floor and once I re-subscribe Jumpgate Classic.

I'm glad I found this site, it's been a long time since I felt my gaming interests were being looked after. I'll make sure to pass on the URL to the Squad.

Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Hi Taymar

Welcome to the SSC 🙂

Certainly a good selection of games there, enjoy your stay!

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Your going to fit in just fine 🙂

A lot of info here Taymar and everyone here is very passionate about gaming and you get some great feedback on all types of games. Some good and some bad but all good feedback. I think the community has a good handle on all the space games out there and has been either talked about or linked to on the site somewhere.

Looking forward to both JGE and BP ... which one comes to market first? 🙂

ReplyQuote
Taymar
(@taymar)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Thank you for the welcome.

It looks like BP will make it to the market first as they now have a publisher and have said that BETA will start in April of this year. http://forum.blackprophecy-game.com/sho ... php?t=1103

Looking forward to it.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

That just came out today thanks for bringing that to my attention. Hopefully everyone that wants into the beta gets in.

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

Welcome m8 ! Always good to have another gamer within our ranks 🙂

ReplyQuote
Grimloon
(@grimloon)
Petty Officer Registered

I have the misfortune of knowing this cynical, sarcastic goit rather too well - something to do with being in the same squad for a while I believe 😀

He does have one saving grace though - he generally says exactly what he thinks, diplomacy and tact are rarely in the building so there's no need for them to leave. He's also been known to throw in a touch of subtlety on occasion for pure shock value as it's about as expected as being savaged by a duck but it usually makes for amusing watching so please don't hold it against him.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Grimloon wrote:
He's also been known to throw in a touch of subtlety on occasion for pure shock value as it's about as expected as being savaged by a duck but it usually makes for amusing watching so please don't hold it against him.

😆 😆 😆 We will try not to Grimloon! Welcome to you too 😉

ReplyQuote