Notifications
Clear all

Greetings and salutations

GreyFalcon
(@greyfalcon)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Greetings from the X-Universe. I've been lost someplace out there for many years now struggling and fighting on the side of the Argons and building my Empire of stations and fleets of ships in preparation for universal take over until I found Starpoint Gemini. Granted it's not a 4-D space sim, but it is still fun and a nice change with a cool storyline!

Found this community thanks to http://starpointgemini.com/ ! 😎

Grey

Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Welcome to the SSC GreyFalcon 🙂

Have fun reading the posts!

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Hi GreyFalcon

It will be nice to know what Egosoft is going to do next since supposedly X3TC was the last of this series of games? LGM have made a nice game in SPG and there is usually 1-2 updates per month on the game so if your having problems do post about them.

Enjoy the forums.

ReplyQuote
GreyFalcon
(@greyfalcon)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  
Darkone wrote:
Hi GreyFalcon

It will be nice to know what Egosoft is going to do next since supposedly X3TC was the last of this series of games? LGM have made a nice game in SPG and there is usually 1-2 updates per month on the game so if your having problems do post about them.

Enjoy the forums.

Well I know the only thing Egosoft has announced is it IS working on something but only refers to it as TNBT (The Next Big Thing). Beyond that, they have let all us fans go wild with speculation and imagination 😆 !

SPG is nice, i was just trying out a new dreadnought 😎 and posted what may be a script error with one of the ship parts however this could also be a result of me doing some tinkering/experimenting with finding out what is different between the official Impulse Driven version and several pirate versions of the game. So far I've determined that ALL pirate versions are missing files and even combining all of the pirated versions out there you still have altered/missing files that are critical and will result in crashing. 😉 A good reason to BUY and SUPPORT the developers who are trying to SUPPORT the players! I simply LOVE the pirate version listed as "DVD Rip" when it hasn't even been released yet to DVD, only Digital Download through places like Impulse.

I admit that I DO sometimes download pirate versions to try the FULL game out as often demos or lack of demos don't always give you a good feel of the game. If I like the game, I buy it usually within 10 days of trying it. If I don't like it, well it's removed from my hard drive and no hard feelings as I did give it a chance. (over 2 pages of Impulse Driven purchased games is proof enough that I DO support my developers) I strongly believe in the idea of "if you like the game, buy it. If you don't, delete it as you don't own it and it IS stealing someone's hard work and ideas". Besides, it's only $30 for the game. That is in reality 10 small coffees at Star Bucks, 6 packs of Cigarettes, 4 nights at the movies (by yourself or 2 with a date), or only skipping 2 or 3 outings at McDonald's. What is losing that little bit compared to the HOURS and WEEKS spent in making that game. 🙄

Sorry, I tend to ramble... I think it's a result of having become disabled. Thanks for the welcome and so far, been enjoying the community.

Grey

ReplyQuote