Notifications
Clear all

Hello every one new member from United Kingdom here

vanderner
(@vanderner)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Hi every one I stumbled across this website through a totally different website not going mention it because I don't want to advertise another website, but lets just say I'ts completely different from this one 🙂

I'm a 30 year old male from a City called Derby, and I started my space sim games with Elite Frontier, my god the amount of hours I enjoyed playing that game as a 9-10 year old boy, from there I went onto Wing Commander again Spent many many hours completing them and then going back and trying get every different course of action of ending of the game.

Unfortunaly from my perspective, I think 90's was a special time for games when it focused on game play rather than how pretty it looked, but I'm not going rant about that.

I've enjoyed other games from the era like X-Com to playing everything in the series, apart from enforcer which I've only descovered existed today, so I'm unsure if it got released over here or not. I think the most recent space sims I'ved played would of been freelancer and of course eve.

So why am I here? Well to meet simular minded people who love the type games I love, and to see what other gems I've missed out on, but also to try find some of the games I use to love when I was younger and play them again now. Some of you may have seen a couple of my posts.

Any way I appologise for the rant......didn't release I was typing so much, but Its wonderful to be here and I look forward getting to know you in the future.

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Welcome to SSC Vanderner

Glad you were able to pick up SSC's signal since we are in deep space 🙂

The 90's were a nice time and when I think about it space gaming all that comes to mind is Wing Commander series. This by far to me hooked me forever especially the FMV games of 3,4 and 5. I miss these FMV games and hope the Roberts brothers will re-visit WC soon and make something epic.

Enjoy the site and see ya in the forums.

ReplyQuote
vanderner
(@vanderner)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

dont think it will happen though 🙁 from what I heard years and years ago of course I could be completely wrong.....Didn't the movie they make bankrupt them?

I was kinda really disapointed when the Kilrathi ended up being robots with claws but I'm sure any fan of the wing commander series thought the same thing.

And likewise Darkone I look forward to some banter with you in the forums 🙂

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Yeah Wing Commander didn't do that good in the theater but Chris Roberts isn't out of the movie biz... he produced or directed a movie I like a lot which is Outlander. And as for a new game.... maybe.. just maybe... 🙂

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=2363

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

Welcome to SSC man 😉 How's EVE these days ? I haven't played it in a few years and to be honest I kinda miss it.

ReplyQuote
vanderner
(@vanderner)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

to be honest not played it in an age myself talking at least a few years, I do miss it myself, I do have a character with 15 mill skill points, I dont have a bank account so I cant play it, over in uk you cant buy game cards for it in stores which to be frank sucks.

so I picked up freelancer and started playing that online to try compensate but to be honest it just didnt compare, so kinda give up PC gaming for a while and turned my attention towards the deadly xbox lol. But now getting back into PC gaming in a major way especially at new hopes of playing the old games I use to love.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Welcome to SSC Vanderner

I would definitely say the 90s was a great time for games with the 16 bit computer at the start of the decade and the golden age of PC gaming in the mid to late 90s.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Yep, the 90s were a golden age for gaming. This was the decade that laid the foundations for all those mainstream games of today. Welcome to the SSC Vanderner 😉

ReplyQuote