Clear all

Hello from the Netherlands

TDG
 TDG
(@tdg)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Hello everyone,

My name is Marten van Wier but I go online on this forum as TDG, an abbreviation of the user name The Dutch Ghost which I usually use but for some reason was not acceptable by the recognition software of the board.

As my thread openers says, I am a science fiction gamer and fan from the Netherlands.

I came across this board when I was looking for more information on a game called The Precursors and I wanted to say hello to other science fiction gamers.

Next to this forum I also hang out on No Mutants Allowed, the biggest Fallout fan community on the Internet (and don't you forget it!), Junker HQ (big Snatcher site), Reclaim Your Game (fight DRM people!), and I am a moderator on the Metroid oriented Metroid Galaxy Guide for which I also write descriptions.

Regarding me as a person, well I am a student following a course in Media Design and I am in my second year.

While I find Media Design interesting it is for me a step up to my real passion and dream; game design!

Next to reading and watching fiction (not just science fiction) I also enjoy coming up with ideas for stories and concepts and write these down in my spare time.

Another thing I would really like to learn is how to draw so that I can not just write down ideas but also draw them as I have them in mind.

And next to science fiction, games etc, I am also a big fan of cats, having two of my own to care for 😉

My favorite science fiction games and series are as follows

The Wing Commander Universe (including Prophecy, I liked it)

A number of Star Trek games, in particular the Interplay adventure/space sim games and Bridge Commander.

Freelancer

Freespace 1 and 2

Descent

And a variety of FPS games that include science fiction elements.

Hope to hear from people here

SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

Freelancer ? .... Nice ! I'm a freelancer fan aswell ... and Descent .... and freespace :p Anyway, welcome m8 🙂

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Hi Marten

Welcome to the SSC 🙂

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Welcome to SSC, TDG.

Glad you found your way here. There is a lot of info here so dive in and enjoy.

TDG wrote:
My name is Marten van Wier but I go online on this forum as TDG, an abbreviation of the user name The Dutch Ghost which I usually use but for some reason was not acceptable by the recognition software of the board.

Hmm there is nothing in that name that should have prevent registration. Did you put the username as 'TheDutchGhost'? It you have had to been without the spaces. I could change that if you really want it just have to let me know.

ReplyQuote