Notifications
Clear all

Intro

OmegaOPS
(@omegaops)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Hello; My name is OmegaOPS, Since 1996 I've run Online Spaces Sims (.com) which I started after my long stint in Allegiance (A MS Online test game in case you didn't know) the site has gone through many iterations since then (including a very recent one where I was sooooo tired of php-nuke which it had been since 2000), my love for space games goes back to my bbs days and Trade Wars and I've played 99.9% of released and not release including alpha and beta testing on many of the games you all are familer with (Battletech 3025 anyone? 1 of Sony's plunders in not releasing imo). I still track some very interesting games which just after a quick scan of the site I'm not sure your tracking.

Allegiance still very much alive and active http://www.freeallegiance.org/

And 1 I really Like Babylon 5:IFH (I've Found Her) a really good concept game, the client's been recently updated - Old url; http://ifh.firstones.com/index.shtml - New Url; http://ifh.babylonfive.ru/

Welcome to the Genre 😈

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Hiya OmegaOPS

I found your website the other day actually. Never saw the old layout but new one looks nice. I too started my days with Tradewars and Yankee trader (I have a forum dedicated to TW that I need to pay attentyion too). I have both Free Allegiance and B5:IFH in the links area. I just haven't done an official post on the game put eventually get around to it. Right now just trying to track down the bulk of the recent and under development games.

Thanks for checking out the site and talk with ya later. Long live TW2002 🙂

I also added your website to my links area under community section.

-D1-

ReplyQuote
OmegaOPS
(@omegaops)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Thanks Dark, thogh lately it seems not enough time to keep up on things (I have 6 various websites) and still enjoy the things that got you there, I like Drupal but I got say the folks the develop these CMS's really haven't lowbrow the management.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

I looked into various CMS programs and went back to phpbb created CMS. This current one is still beta but RC came out today and this weekend I will start playing with it and getting ready to upgrade to it. But phpbb is very stable and like it a lot and most of the bridges that tied into Drupal or Wordpress etc, wasn't the greatest in stability.

I hoping with the next upgrade to put some pieces into the site that will help with SEO and search engine placement. Since I have $0 advertisement budget better the rankings in the search engines the more people will find this place. I definitely know what your talking about having no time. I don;t have 6 websites but do have 2 websites and 5 kids so I think thats even 🙂

-D1-

ReplyQuote
OmegaOPS
(@omegaops)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

LOL I'm really not trying to get in to a one up here but I have 10 kids total with 4 still living at home, anyways I've always like phpbb, it's simple to manage and mod but poor as a portal (I even have an original phpbb portal mod arcived around here somewhere) but your right the Wrappers are poor though I am likeing this design I tend to favor full width (which I notice on the dev site it is) but only because I hated wasted space when it came to relaying information (what can I say I've been in IT for 22+ years) so hey I may just redo the site one more time

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Damn Omega you have been busy the past few years 🙂 I find it hard enough to feed and clothe them all as it is couldn't image that many. Ya got me beat.

I am definitely not a CSS expert but this width I have is for the people with resolutions down to 1024x7678 any lower and you start to mess up the template a little. With todays wide widths I sometimes forget there are people that actually don't have a large screen monitor when laying out the site and get some complaints. But I know what you are saying about wasted space.

I have always wanted to put a moving background on the site. Almost like a flash background os space that moves a little while browsing I always thought it would look great for the site. Just don't know how to do it and will someday find the time to get it done and try it out.

This portal (stargate portal) just went to v1.0.0 and has a bunch of fixes and features and by far the best portal that I have tried for phpbb3. Worth a shot I have to start playing around with it so I can migrate the site to that version hopefully in the next two weeks.

Later

-D1-

ReplyQuote