Notifications
Clear all

Just another MOD-SUCKER

NucNuc
(@nucnuc)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Hi all and everybody,

I'm quite an old fart on space sims. My first one was Sinistar unleashed (anybodey remember? nice graphics poor gameplay). For quite some years I followed each and every spacesim available ( 😈 about 1-2 years after official release, when CHEAPER, on ebay available or given freely by some magazines 😈 ).

After playing about half a dozen joystick to ruin I tried my best on freelancer and similar games, but found, that the "old" ones (Privateer, Tachyon, Starlancer, Freespace I-War, etc.) were STILL the best on gameplay and especially gameplay.

Perhaps my biggest faults are, that first I DON'T like playing online and most games on spacesim of the last years were optimized for multiplayer (and had in reverse a BAAD singleplayer gameplay, if any) and secondly I HATE flying aroung by mouse-control and only very few had this feature in the last years. Only the X-Univers might be an exemption, but I don't have the funds to get a machine, able to cope with the newer releases (also X-Univers always takes quite an amount of time until it get REAL fun).

Last year I started playing all my old games again, owning a joystick sturdy and repairable enough to cope with ME, handling it. It IS the same fun as it had been. Happily I found for some of them now big communities, where a lot of modding had been done (at last: I arrived in "internet times" 😳 ). First I encountered hardlightproductions and drowned myself in exploring what had been done for Freespace. "SUCKING" each and every mod I was able to get a download for. Also started fumbling around with some mission-modding and ship-editing ba myself. Next I (even though I don't like mouse-flying) tried the numerous Freelancer mods (espesially the crossfire-mod). But the gameplay is still poor, since freelancer nowadays is focused mainly on multiplayer.

At the moment I'm on "adjusting" Edge-of-Chaos to my own needs and preferences with what is left by a nowadays quite small and mostly silent community (wonder, where are all the modders and members of the I-war community are gone, beside Torn Stars).

😀 Well, lets se, what can be found here. 😀

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Welcome to SSC Nuc.

There is a few old fart space pilots here 🙂 A lot can be found here, myself and the members try to keep everyone updated on new games and mods. So any help and insight on all projects is welcomed. Have fun and spread the word of SSC.

ReplyQuote