Notifications
Clear all

Orbit transfer to SSC

Makandal
(@makandal)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Hey all, I am Makandal, old pilot. I met Elite in 1984, yes, a long time. Before that, I developed one space game for ZX81, Rigel, published by the french Ere Informatique. I am now a fan of Orbiter and I discovered recently Pioneer, which looks amazing.

Oh, I forgot: best game I ever played for space : Space Rangers 2, a russian game. Try it, I think Steam is proposing it.

Anyway, few words on myself: I am european first, french second, geologist, work in West Africa, married and 3 kids. I have had a very rocky and adventurous life which I could disclose later on, travelling on Earth, in quite risky places, with some companions (male and often female). 

My motto: carpe diem !

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Welcome to the forums Makandal.

Ah ZX81 first home computer I ever owned, if I recall correctly it was a power house, 1MHZ, no graphics, black & white only and no sound. 😆

ReplyQuote
ExpandingMan
(@expandingman)
Warrant Officer Registered

Hello and welcome.

The mention of Space Rangers 2 made me think of something I started playing recently which is in many ways extremely similar.  If you like Space Rangers 2 you might want to try out StarSector

http://fractalsoftworks.com/

It's still in early access and development is slow, but it is already very good and well worth playing.  I personally like it much better than Space Rangers, but it is certainly not as feature-complete as SR2 yet.

ReplyQuote
Makandal
(@makandal)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

I will give it a try, ExpandingMan. What I liked in SR2 was the humour, the mix of various type of gameplay, RTS, FPS, text adventure, Shoot'em up, exploration, RPG...

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Welcome to SSC Makandal

Sounds like being a geologist has helped you see a bit of the world, I had to go into the army to see the sites 20yrs ago 🙂

Enjoy your stay on the station and see you in the forums.

ReplyQuote
Phaserlight
(@phaserlight)
Master Chief Registered

Welcome!

ReplyQuote