Notifications
Clear all

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Page 1 / 2

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Well EA released the trailer to the upcoming Mass Effect Andromeda game. No release date or any other real details besides the trailer. So let the speculation start....  (please release it on steam) 🙂

ExpandingMan
(@expandingman)
Warrant Officer Registered

I can't help but be a little upset that they felt compelled to do the sequel in another galaxy.  For me, one of Mass Effect's strongest assets was the extensive backstory, which was obviously centered around the Milky Way.  Perhaps this is the single most regrettable thing about the ending of 3.

Still, doesn't mean this one will be bad, and I'm definitely looking forward to it.  I enjoyed Mass Effect far more than any other story-rich game because of its genre.  (Although, now unfortunately I have to admit that the best writing I've seen was in the Witcher.) 

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Never been impressed by the Mass effect games, found the gameplay to be too much of a dungeon crawler crossed with a 3rd person cover shooter then dressed up as scifi  although granted it was a good story line, well the first one was as I never played the other ones.

I like to see if their more control of the ship alone with a bigger galaxy to explore this time around.

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

Found the gameplay to be too much of a dungeon crawler crossed with a 3rd person cover shooter then dressed up as scifi  although granted it was a good story line, well the first one was as I never played the other ones.

That's why I liked this game, TBH!!! 

I like to see if their more control of the ship alone with a bigger galaxy to explore this time around.

Same here!!! Exploring planets with Mako, had a very "Starflight" feeling!!!

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Here is a decent little video that gives some info about the game:

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

One hype train finishes and another one starts.  

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

One hype train finishes and another one starts.   

I like trains!!! Seriously!!!!

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

I expect Andromeda hype train to be leaving soon now that No Man Sky train is about to enter the station.

ReplyQuote
natansharp
(@natansharp)
Master Chief Registered

Too much trains and too much hype!

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Video showing a bit of what the game will look like although it's being demoed on the upgraded PS4 with some one droning on about 4K.

Looks like the Hype train will be leaving in November and is expected to arrive early next year.

Oh come on an alien woman with an American accent, their not even trying.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

New hype trailer but not showing anything of the game.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

More hype.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Official gameplay trailer:

This game is looking good especially if they keep their promise where each planet has their own story.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

2nd cinematic trailer

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

So I finally bought this on PS4 no played much of it, just a bit of the intro, not too impressed with it, but then again I was never a fan of the original games.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I never did play this or ME3 since you can only get them on the Origin store. But with the feedback Andromeda got I doubt I am missing much.

Was there any mods that helped fix any issues Pinback or was this basically dumped by the gamers worldwide? 🙂

ReplyQuote
Blah64
(@blah64)
Senior Chief Registered

I absolutely loved ME:A. 'Tis my favorite Mass Effect.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

From what I have read you maybe in the minority their Blah64, even BioWare seems to have abandoned it.

No idea if their are any mods for the game, but I think it was heavily patched after it release.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Well if it ever hits Steam I will pick both ME3 and ME:A up because I generally liked the story lines of the games. I didn't play those games for the combat systems or rpg mechanics, it was the stories that kept me playing. So as long as that is done well I can forgive gameplay issues.

ReplyQuote
D.C.Elington
(@d-c-elington)
Warrant Officer Registered

Completed ME1 and ME2 but skipped ME3 because of the ending(s).
After this I bought ME:A during a sale and happily enjoyed a full run-through 🙂

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Maybe I will pick this up during the Xmas sale, because I did enjoy the stories to these games as a whole, thanks Blah64 and D.C. for your feedback. Its amazing what commentary and youtube can do to a game if they dislike it 🙂

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

ME 1 to 3 were great, played them multiple times with different character builds. ME A? Not played that at all but it would have to be super cheap or even free for me to consider it after what I learned about it from reviews and watching play throughs. Overwhelming verdict was it was inferior in many ways to the original trilogy. I might try it myself one day but I will adjust my expectations.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Got through what seems like endless cut scenes and tutorial levels and finally into the main game and to my surprise I'm really enjoying the game. It feels a lot more open than the original games and a lot less of a talking simulation that Mass Effect was.     

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Watched this video about the game from a youtuber and if he's right then the original premise for the game would have been fantastic with a flyable ship and procedural generated worlds, sounds like it may have been more like No Man Sky but more story and from what we heard maybe StarFall will try to do it. Also I agree with the youtuber driving the Nomad is fun.  

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

I see Mass effect 3 and Andromeda are now on Steam but it looks like you still have to use Origin which is pretty stupid requirement. 

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2