Notifications
Clear all

Mass Effect Legendary Edition

Page 2 / 3

CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

@cody It's standard procedure for every EA (and Ubi game), that is sold through Steam!!

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Posted by: @captainkal

It's standard procedure for every EA (and Ubi game), that is sold through Steam!!

Shows how out of touch I am, does that. Hope I never need to buy a game under those conditions.

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Posted by: @cody
WTF? <scratches head> Talk about control-freakery!

It's EA Cody, it's what they do.

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Posted by: @cody

Shows how out of touch I am, does that.

Posted by: @geraldine

It's EA Cody, it's what they do.

Hola, amiga - how are you? This may surprise you, but the last game I bought was Space Force: Rogue Universe (2007), preceded by DarkStar One (2006). Terrible game, but the ship itself was very cool. Then I fell into the black hole known as Oolite.

I deliberately left ED out of that - it hurts too much!

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

I just re-read the above, and had a strange feeling of déjà vu. I reckon I've posted something very similar before.

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

@cody

Your right!Darkstar One was awful. Was hoping for so much more with that game. Terrible bit with a turret forced me to give up on it. Space Force was cool tho. As for Elite, I am not in it at the moment because my PC decided to die on me and it will be sometime before I can build a replacement. Still, it gives me an excuse to dig out my old machines for a healthy dose of retro goodness!

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Posted by: @geraldine

Terrible bit with a turret...

<shudders>

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

Given that Steam is already a DRM why theses companies feel the need to impose more on the buyer is just plain stupid and it seems to only effect the PC player as it is not used on the consoles.

Yup Darkstar one was bad, must play it again some time, might have a go at the XBox 360 version which is near unplayable due to the fact that you can read any of the text. 🤣 

Space force was better but it had that really annoying X game fog of war thing going on where you have to crawl around the system to find out what was their.

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Posted by: @pinback

Yup Darkstar one was bad, must play it again some time,

Masochist! I got past that terrible turret nonsense that Geraldine mentioned, and actually finished the game (I think).

Space force was better

One of the player-flyable ships was an ugly brute, but effective (bit like the A10 Warthog) - I loved it!

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
Blah64
(@blah64)
Senior Chief Registered

Looks like they are rejigging the first game to make it less of an RPG and more shooty type game that the two sequels were, details on their blog.

Gameplay Calibrations (ea.com)

Just about the worst news I could hear.

The exact opposite direction I would have hoped they take it.  'Tis why Andromeda is my favorite game in the series.  It felt like they actually took the best parts of the first game and went further in that direction, instead of the direction that ME2&3.

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

Masochist! I got past that terrible turret nonsense that Geraldine mentioned, and actually finished the game (I think).

The turret sections were bugged!! That's why they were so difficult!! I recently finished the game, and I think it's a fine entry level space sim. There is a mod (more like a bug-fix), that makes turret sections easier!!

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

The turret sections were bugged!! That's why they were so difficult!! I recently finished the game, and I think it's a fine entry level space sim. There is a mod (more like a bug-fix), that makes turret sections easier!!

Do you have a link for that patch CaptainKal.

Posted by: @blah64

Just about the worst news I could hear.

The exact opposite direction I would have hoped they take it.  'Tis why Andromeda is my favorite game in the series.  It felt like they actually took the best parts of the first game and went further in that direction, instead of the direction that ME2&3.

I much prefer Andromeda over the first three game myself and it a shame it was never was completed as it was originally intended, all you get is hints as to what it might have been.

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

The turret sections were bugged!! That's why they were so difficult!

It wasn't the difficulty so much. I'm a goddamn starship pilot, not a turret gunner!

What annoyed me most about the game was that Eona woman!

This post was modified 3 years ago by Cody

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

@pinback    It's called MesaMod_v1_01_Digital, and I 've already uploaded it, to DL Terminal!!

Geraldine liked
ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Cheers CaptainKal 👍 

That was one thing that stand out in my mind about Eona was a cutscene where she let some alien critters go free on an alien planet, 🤔

had that woman never heard of rabbits in Australia 🤣 must have been an ecologically disaster.

In the vain hope of putting this thread back on topic 😀  just looked at the video D1 posted about the update graphics and I thought it looked worse than the original as they have just added more light to it and it has lost the atmosphere the game had.  

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

In the vain hope of putting this thread back on topic

Oh, the temptation...

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

@captainkal

Where did you put that download, I don't see the file? I was going to make a Mass Effect folder and move it in to there since it was a mod. I will least make the folder and I will move it if I spot it or if you upload again please drop it in the Mass Effect folder pls.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @sscadmin

@captainkal

Where did you put that download, I don't see the file? I was going to make a Mass Effect folder and move it in to there since it was a mod. I will least make the folder and I will move it if I spot it or if you upload again please drop it in the Mass Effect folder pls.

The mods not for Mass Effect it's for Darkstar One but I could not see it in the DL folder.

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

It's a DarkStar One rebalancing mod D1. For getting past the turret sections of the game!! Install, get past the turrets, uninstall!!! For some reason I cannot attach to my post or upload it. So I put it, in dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/udksotkvj25ta4v/MesaMod_v1_01_Digital.rar?dl=0

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Nice one CaptainKal we let D1 sort it out. 👍 

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

For getting past the turret sections of the game!! Install, get past the turrets, uninstall!!!

Clearly, the turret sections are universally hated. If only I'd had that, back in the day!

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

@captainkal its uploaded to the site, thanks for the heads-up on my confusion 🙂

Hmm you should have had the ability to upload though? I might need to hijack a user account and see what I see.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Thank god they have have implemented skippable elevator rides in the first game. 🤣 

probably pick pick it up in a year or so as I never been much of a fan of the games.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

probably pick pick it up in a year or so as I never been much of a fan of the games.

I am a fan but I have played these so I am in no hurry to pickup these three with a gfx update and some fixes. I still need to play Andromeda 

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3