Notifications
Clear all

Idea for a Miner Wars mini games

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

This just popped into my head while thinking over how great tunneling out a asteroid will be for hiding or constructing a base or just looking for raw materials.

I was thinking of some event/mini games that people can participate in to have fun and also show off your mad cutting skills in Miner Wars. There will have to be some coding on the side of Keen Software but these might provide a nice atmosphere and great game extra for people to enjoy.

Asteroid Destruction Mini Game

The player can sign-up to participate in the weekly event where players see how fast they can destroy a spawned asteroid. Before the event starts the individual will get the density and deposit report to tell you what the asteroid is made of so you can best choose your tool of choice (no nukes). The system gives you 2mins to prep and then you start dismantling the asteroid, you will have to get the asteroid to the point where there is no large debris left.

Couple of things to add to the game or just concept thoughts:

1. Have some mini rewards for every player that participates outside of the overall pool of credits. Maybe drops of some sort depending on time achieved, so no one walks away empty handed.

2. Create some craft or mission based quests to attain enhancements to your scanning technology to find weaknesses in the asteroid so you can destroy it quicker.

3. Asteroid should be a different texture/color than what is around it so players can see what they need to destroy.

4. Make a sign-up fee and award 'cash' prizes to the top 3 players.

Sculptor Mini Game

This is more time consuming and has to be managed. My thoughts would be to create a instance for anyone that wants to enter and then you only have access to your instance. Now you are given a asteroid to carve and what you make is up to you and judges or the community will pick the top sculptures and those players will get some in-game gear or enhancements.

I would say time frame for the event would be a week long. And the player gets choice of the type/composition of Asteroid and player uses there own mining tools to carve the asteroid into something great.

Maybe we get enough feedback and thoughts, we might be able to make it happen 🙂

Chebar
(@chebar)
Senior Chief Registered

that all sounds like it could be a lot of fun. i hope we get to fly around soon.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Like the idea of a mini sculptor game,but I think they would have to give the players a

theme to make like homer's head. 😀

ReplyQuote
Darghan
(@darghan)
Petty Officer Registered

I like both ideas mate! Thx! Could you please post it on the Miner Wars forums? You will be welcome there with this thing. As I told chebar before. We are preparing now a much upgraded forum version now with ranks and medals for contribution.

3 different medals and 3 different levels to every medal.

1st Idea contribution

2nd Graphics contribution (content)

3rd Spread word contribution (marketing hehe)

1. level - forum medal and a showoff of your that you contributed

2. level - free license for the game and a possibility to paint your ship with a special sign

3. level - more involvement in the game development process (only a few will attain this rank) our current only 3rd level holder is Unsung

This is not to say I dont appreciate you guys putting it here :). Its just that at the moment we need as much content for our minerwars forums as possible in order to administer and finish the game!

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

No problem at all I will post over on the Miner Wars forum and maybe I could actually get some 'spread the word' points 🙂

Another idea for a mini game is construct a maze within a asteroid and you get timed on how fast you can navigate the maze. It could probably be advance with traps and rewards on the inside. But if you go after them you will waste some precious time so you will have to decide to get the prizes or complete the maze for a chance at the grand prize.

Made a post for the ideas here: http://www.minerwars.com/ForumTopic.aspx?id=200

ReplyQuote