Notifications
Clear all

Miner Wars Alpha Video

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Cannot believe I didn't post this after I watched it over a week ago, i'm slipping 🙂

This video shows a lot of the destructible environment, different tactics and gun fire. I even like the soundtrack to the demo as well good job guys.

You can also view the benchmark demo here: http://www.minerwars.com/Downloads.aspx

XenoHelix
(@xenohelix)
Petty Officer Registered

Pretty impressive for just an Alpha ... 😯

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

I forgot to post it too 😀 Been a crazy week 😆

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Darkone wrote:

You can also view the benchmark demo here: http://www.minerwars.com/Downloads.aspx

Is the benchmark a demo of the game or is just some thing to see if it will run on your computer.

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

To see if the game runs on your pc. You basically see the ship flying in and out of asteroids and stuff like that .... like watching a movie. You can't control the ship.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Cheers Solcommand,don’t think it will work on the netbook. 😥

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Pinback you might have to upgrade to a laptop in the future there is too many games coming out that will not play on a netbook just because of the processor/gfx resources that are inside those. They are not gaming rigs they are really only meant for surfing the net and doing simple tasks.

I know I have thought hard on probably getting a laptop for my next PC since I upgrade around every 3yrs any way. Laptops are getting cheaper and are getting close to the power of the desktop. But I can always build a desktop cheaper.

I think what will lag on Miner Wars on slower systems is the destruction mechanics of the game with many people on the screen and shooting and or mining that could cause a strain for the lower end PC's least if that falls into the same department as all other MMO's. When you have lots of action of any kind it really comes down to your network connection. So if you can play the preview demo for MW with decent frame rates then you can play the game, but those could drop once you introduce lag and congestion.

There is so many MMO's that look great but usually once you get a bunch of people in a area doing something playability becomes a factor in most of them, especially the F2P games.

It will be interesting to see once the universe is completed and the factions and NPC traffic is moving around what the game will be like. And do remember there will be two different options in a single player experience and MMO experience.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Never been too keen on laptop, I tend to find if you want one for gaming they tend to be very expensive.

ReplyQuote