Clear all

New Alpha Video Released

Page 1 / 2

Darghan
(@darghan)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Hello guys!

As promised we have added a new video of our current alpha build. This Video features the current cockpit, basic hud, basic targeting and a rear view from the ship. It also features me making a tunnel and reaching an area in the asteroid where there is ice.

Notice that the fragments of the broken astetoids also interact with the ship. Also if you hit the fragment with a rocket then it exlodes. So be careful when firing too much in the tunnels :).

This is first of the series of videos of gameplay features that we will be publishing roughly every week. The aim is to show you how our game is progressing and how close we actually are to the single-player beta release of our game.

You can also find the video on youtube:

... r_embedded

Enjoy!

Tomas "Darghan" Psenicka

SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

This is sooo cool. I never in my life imagined I'd actually wanna be a miner 🙂 ... this game changed my opinion ....

ReplyQuote
scratt
(@scratt)
Petty Officer Registered

That's some really nice work, guys. 🙂

Looking forward to playing it.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

This is just such a great idea for a game. 😀

ReplyQuote
Darghan
(@darghan)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Hey guys!

Thx for all the positive responses! 🙂 We are now in the works for creating the content and new ship models and texturing are on the list first. We dont have enough and current texturing of the existing models is not of my liking. Anyone that could contribute would really help us a lot. We are able to offer some payments of the models when the game starts getting some money inflow.

Yesterday we had a creative meeting and Wladimir is now making new cockpits and kickass concept art Syd Mead style.

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

As mentioned before, we can try help you. Once some concept-art is available we'll do some models and probably even texture them .... chances are you wont like these models for some reason (too many polys or bad texture) but we can try doing them.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Darghan wrote:

Yesterday we had a creative meeting and Wladimir is now making new cockpits and kickass concept art Syd Mead style.

Syd Mead is responsible for designing two of my favorite ship in the Leonov from 2010

and the Sulaco from Aliens.are you going for a similar look,where the ship look as if they

have function to there design. ❓

ReplyQuote
Darghan
(@darghan)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Yes sir. This is exactly where we are aiming :). Industrialistic and giant cool looking Syd Mead style ships :). We dont want anything super galactic fancy. Actually Aliens is our cult movie so were very much draining some of its design ideas.

ReplyQuote
Chebar
(@chebar)
Senior Chief Registered

very cool video. will you be able to build a base on or in an astetoid? I would love to try to help with making some models for you guys but i don't have 3d max. i use blender, is there a way to convert a blender model into a 3d max model.

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

You can export to OBJ/3DS format, that's just as good. That's how I do.

ReplyQuote
Darghan
(@darghan)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Hey guys!

Thx for all the talk about the helping with modelling!!! We are now preparing a list of things that we need to add. We are also making a certain manual (polycount, models etc.) for you guys that want to help so that you dont waste your time with something we will not automatically be able to add. I will announce some information regarding all that by the middle of this week.

I am flattered guys a big thanks goes to you all that want to help!

ReplyQuote
Darghan
(@darghan)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  
Chebar wrote:
very cool video. will you be able to build a base on or in an astetoid? I would love to try to help with making some models for you guys but i don't have 3d max. i use blender, is there a way to convert a blender model into a 3d max model.

Yes chebar we can build a base on an asteroid. Just now we are discussing some of the possibilities.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Finally getting to see the video (still have no power at the house). Darghan, when you are making the hole in the asteroid are you using missiles or is that some type of minig tool? Will there be mining tools that will cut faster so you could possibly use this tactic to escape foes?

Great job on the debris and the sound inside the tunnel you were making. The different color changes depending on how deep you go is a nice touch. When your blasting away inside an asteroid can the sound be heard outside the tunnel or shockwaves picked up on scanners? I know we are getting into the whole is there really sounds in outer space discussion 🙂

Another thing that people didn't notice was teh atmosphere and space color it was dark and I like that.

I like Chebar's idea of the possibility of creating our own bases or just guild bases within large asteroids. Why have the bases on the surface when your a miner.

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

Bases on an asteroid woot ! In case you haven't noticed from all the models I made, I've got a "thing" for asteroids. 😆

ReplyQuote
Darghan
(@darghan)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  
Darkone wrote:
Finally getting to see the video (still have no power at the house). Darghan, when you are making the hole in the asteroid are you using missiles or is that some type of minig tool? Will there be mining tools that will cut faster so you could possibly use this tactic to escape foes?

Great job on the debris and the sound inside the tunnel you were making. The different color changes depending on how deep you go is a nice touch. When your blasting away inside an asteroid can the sound be heard outside the tunnel or shockwaves picked up on scanners? I know we are getting into the whole is there really sounds in outer space discussion 🙂

Another thing that people didn't notice was teh atmosphere and space color it was dark and I like that.

I like Chebar's idea of the possibility of creating our own bases or just guild bases within large asteroids. Why have the bases on the surface when your a miner.

Hey Darker,

sorry for taking my precious time on answering :). I just had waaaaay too much work with all the changes going around our game.

I am making a hole with a dumb missile type. Of course I am having an unlimited setting :).

Yes there will be drills, energetic mining tools charges and nukes 🙂 Some of them will be faster some slower yes. There are no limits to what the engine can take as far as making holes. We will simply say 3 voxels dissapear 6 voxels or more. Its based on simple "if" commands.

The sound can be heard outside. The rock is blocking the sound however. Sound will be a very dynamic thing.

I wont get into the no sound discussion :))). We think its good to have it this way.

Oh yes you will be able to dig a base inside the Asteroid but of course everybody can come and blow it to pieces.

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

Darghan wrote:

Oh yes you will be able to dig a base inside the Asteroid but of course everybody can come and blow it to pieces.

Ok ... now that's bad ... for me 🙂 Can we construct defences, deply turrets (etc) to have some sense of security ?

ReplyQuote
Chebar
(@chebar)
Senior Chief Registered

this is an idea that i had for a mining base.

show-off-f55/little-base-t830.html

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Darghan wrote:
I am making a hole with a dumb missile type. Of course I am having an unlimited setting :).

Yes there will be drills, energetic mining tools charges and nukes 🙂 Some of them will be faster some slower yes.

That's what I expected, I like the fact that we could be in a dogfight and also destroy the things around us as well in the process. Heheh Nukes.... I could play some pranks with that... "Hey SolCommand come here I have to show you something... D1 presses button and SolCommand and Asteroid go boom 😆 "

Darghan wrote:

Oh this is great stuff here Darghan, thanks! I think I read that Miner Wars will be like 1million KM in size or something like that so you might be able to build in relative safety for a while. But i'm sure there will be some defensive measures we can deploy to protect our hard work.

Anyone touches SSC base you will feel the wraith 👿

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

Heck I'm already making plans on how to attack your base ..... word of advice, watch your flanks 😀

ReplyQuote
Darghan
(@darghan)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Again guys thanks for being all positive. I have some good news for the fan art. We have already tried to put one of the Sol Commands ships in the game and it looks radical :). We will just need more polys for the ships so that it looks even more radical :).

About the nukes - you have NO IDEA how cool that is :). You will see yourselves very soon hehe.

ReplyQuote
Darghan
(@darghan)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  
Chebar wrote:
this is an idea that i had for a mining base.

show-off-f55/little-base-t830.html

Hey Chebar it looks good man! Please come to our forums and post it there! Guys over there will love you for that!

www.minerwars.com ofc 🙂

ReplyQuote
Darghan
(@darghan)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  
SolCommand wrote:
Darghan wrote:

Ok ... now that's bad ... for me 🙂 Can we construct defences, deply turrets (etc) to have some sense of security ?

No defences in the first version but planned for future releases.

ReplyQuote
Darghan
(@darghan)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Hey Darkone how about some update on the main page of space sim central mate? 🙂 Can we think of something? What would you like of me? Video or a some pics? Something exclusive to your website.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

You give me a 468x60 banner and a video (youtube preferred) and I will put it on the mainpage no problem.

ReplyQuote
Darghan
(@darghan)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Thank you! I will send you this information as soon as I have it. We will be pleased to give you a VIP status :). Just by advertising us here you are doing a great favour for our game.

Medals are automatic for such helpers :).

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2