Notifications
Clear all

New Miner Wars trailer

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Hey Everyone

Not sure who has taken advantage of the 70% discount on the Miner Wars yet? But Keen Software House has just released a new MW trailer. I play in the Alpha build from time to time checking out its progress and giving feedback when necessary, but if I remember the FAQ right Miner Wars will be released first as a SP/MP game and then a MMO. I will have to confirm this but I think I am close.

Here is that trailer:

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Miner Wars still has a little ways to go, it is taking form now but since they are working on the single player game right now they really do need to work on the actual content. I am not a developer so I am at a lack of knowledge in this area but I would think it would be a pretty good task to create missions and campaign storyline, active factions, npc traffic in the universe in just a few months and have time to QA it all. SP games really need to be polished in my opinion and I hope Miner Wars does do the polish work and just doesn't give out what is done by a certain date.

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

I reckon Im going to get this, it looks too good, especially with that discount...

So its actually in a playable state right now then?

And is it more sim or more arcade?

Edit// I just read some posts, it sounds very good. Oxygen and fuel, newtonian flight system. Is that all correct?

One more thing. They seem to make a big deal about this: 6DOF game, But I don't think I have ever played a 3d space game that wasn't 🙂

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Looks good but I want to more about the SP game. ❓

Also are they going for retail or DL or both ❓

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

s20dan wrote:
I just read some posts, it sounds very good. Oxygen and fuel, newtonian flight system. Is that all correct?

Yes. This is what is planned, but currently in the alpha food/O2 haven't been implemented.

s20dan wrote:
They seem to make a big deal about this: 6DOF game, But I don't think I have ever played a 3d space game that wasn't

Not too many games allow you to do straight up or down.

PINBACK wrote:
Looks good but I want to more about the SP game.

I want to know more about all of the functionality myself and I will report on what is there as I can because of the NDA.

PINBACK wrote:
Also are they going for retail or DL or both

I want to say both Pinback, but I know for sure there will be a DL version. I know there is some publisher discussions so maybe we will see a boxed version. You know the days of the box are slowly dying off 🙁

ReplyQuote