Notifications
Clear all

Nemexia

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Just came across this browser based MMO when surfing around. Haven't played it yet so can't give any feedback on it. Looks like it is well put together but you know how looks can be deceiving 🙂

http://nemexia.com/

After thousands of years of battle for glory in Nemexia everyone would like to make a difference, everyone wants to play the main role. The three races Confederation, Terteths and Noxis all have well trained warriors and perfectly armed ships at their disposal, but it is you who decide which race are you willing to join. Construct impressive buildings together with enormous battle ships, colonize planets, take part in major Alliances and create the most powerfull Team planet in the world of Nemexia. Now it is your turn to rule the Universe, can you really handle it?

SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

Actually this look pretty cool m8, I think I'll give it a try, cheers !

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Let us know what you think of it? Just don't have the time to give it a few hours of my time right now 🙂

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

OK, I've only played for like a couple of hours but here's what I noticed so far:

Good:

* game graphics are cool

* ingame credits seem to be cheap, 800 credits for 10 EURO and can be bought even via SMS

* I really like the galaxy menu, it looks awesome, least way better than Ogame

* the fact that you and your entire team can control a single planet if you so choose is ... awesome. Practically if your planet gets attacked there wont be only your defences to protect it, but ALL defences belonging to your entire team, this is a sweet feature.

* looks stable

Bad:

* premium accounts can do so much more than regular accunts ...

* it wouldn't hurt for bigger preview images of buildings and basically everything else

* for a scifi game, the buildings look VERY non-scifi, least the confederation ones.

* you need to invest lots of $$$ in the game if you wanna be the best, or least compete with the best, cause (way) too many of the game's features require you to pay credits to unlock them or use at full power.

* there's a feature called "protection mode", which is almost god mode if I read this corectly: This option grants you protection from all other players. With active protection mode the other players can not spy or attack your account. There are not any limitations to your activity. ..... so you can't be attacked but you CAN attack ? This also costs 100 credits.

* "Automated activity protection", this refreshes your page once every 40 minutes I believe, to ask you a security (anti-bot) question, no matter what you were doing, so if you're in the middle of something important/interesting, bad luck.

* lacks depth -> wouldn't hurt to have more missions.

Overall opinion: This game has potential and I'd recommend it to everyone who likes the genre, but be warned, your pockets might run dry soon cause Nemexia is made in such a way that almost makes you feel like you WANT or ENJOY to give them your money. I only played it for couple of hours and I found myself holding the mobile phone in my hands, checking how many EURO I got, so I'd buy a couple hundred credits ...... it's actually scary if I think about it, these guys in the dev team probably have a degree in psychology or something lol.

I will not continue playing this game, sorry 🙄

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Nice little review on the game SolCommand. I have noticed this a lot in the so called free web based games that they tailor it around you needing to spend a little coin to get the good stuff or get the edge.

I know people need to make a living and to re-coop game design. But you can do it and still give your customers a good experience. I play Legends of Zork ( http://legendsofzork.com/ ) and I like it a lot and you don't have to buy anything to play the game and the things you buy are just some things to give you an edge or more turns per day. A lot of the time they give you the special credits in missions or as prizes.

I think Legends of Zork is probably one of the best web based games on the net personally and might post something on it in the PC gaming section when I get some time 🙂

ReplyQuote
Gargantou
(@gargantou)
Petty Officer Registered

Darkone wrote:
Nice little review on the game SolCommand. I have noticed this a lot in the so called free web based games that they tailor it around you needing to spend a little coin to get the good stuff or get the edge.

Yes, that's why I always stay away from'em, any game that is built around the concept of microtransactions is cursed in my book.

At least most P2P MMOs do NOT rely on microtransactions, only a monthly payment that's the same for all players, and they generally don't give you the option to pay more to get 'benefits' normal players don't.

The guys behind this web-game sound like greedy bastards, plain and simple.

ReplyQuote