Notifications
Clear all

Star Armada - Released

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Got a email from Alex at Dancing cat Development announcing the release of their space RTS game Star Armada with is available on iOS and Android.

Get it here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.stararmada&hl=en

Here is a brief listing of games features:

* 2 game modes - 'Planet Domination' (RTS) and 'Planet Survival' (planet defense)
* Choose to play map sizes 'Outer space' or 'Deep space'
* Select between 4 difficulty levels (from easy to brutal)
* Large randomly generated space maps
* Randomly generated content and AI tactics
* Multiple ship types from the dynamic Destroyer to the fearsome Dreadnought!
* Ships have multiple levels for upgrade for shield and damage attributes
* Customizable ship ordering system - engagement, targeting, damage control and power priority
* Ships gain XP points for leveling up to better classes for improved attributes!
* Multiple weapon types including missile launchers and laser cannons!
* Weapons have multiple levels of upgrade for firing and damage attributes
* Ships have multiple weapon slots that can be assigned different weapon combinations
* 10 structure types including the devastating Nuclear Missile super weapon!
* HD quality planets with unique abilities to help your fleet against the enemy
* Pause / un-pause the game at anytime and still issue ship commands and build facilities
* Navigable mini-map
* Zoom in / zoom out of the game world (four levels of zoom)
* Varied and high quality GFX and SFX
* Detailed end-game stats breakdown for both game modes
* Save / continue game ability
* In-depth tutorial

Here is a gameplay video:

I don't own a tablet yet but after watching that video it would seem that the interface for the game may need some tweaking. You should be able to most of the area that the game is taking place in on the screen so you don't have to do some much context moving of the screen. But gameplay looks solid, and not sure if it was me that video didn't have any sound.

JamesCoote
(@jamescoote)
Petty Officer Registered

Actually the video does have sound, but it is just the noise of lasers firing, and it's quite quiet (there is a ambient song near the end, around 4 minutes in)

Looks like it would take a bit of time to learn the controls, but I can't download it onto my phone (wrong version of android), so can't say for sure. I'm not sure RTS naturally lends itself to mobile and touch interface

ReplyQuote