Notifications
Clear all

The Lacuna Expanse

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Came across this game The Lacuna Expanse tonight when doing some searching. I have yet to make an account but it does look pretty promising for a web based game. Has a lot of options available and the expansion that is coming looks like it offers a lot of gameplay: http://community.lacunaexpanse.com/wiki/roadmap

Here is the trailer

Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Looks interesting Darkone, must investigate as I have been hiding underground for far too long in Minecraft. Need to see the stars again! 😆

ReplyQuote
lacunaexpanse
(@lacunaexpanse)
Crewman Registered

Hey Darkone,

Thanks for the compliments about The Lacuna Expanse (TLE)! My company just released the game on October 4th and we're excited to hear all of the positive feedback from players and reviewers. A few people have told us to visit this site because of our game would appeal to many in the audience. I'll let your community be the judge of that but I thought you might be interested in hearing what's unique about the game:

Play anywhere - web browser or the free iPhone app ( http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-lacuna-expanse/id396242951?mt=8 )

Socialize, Strategize, or Simulation - work with the players around you by forming alliances or strategize against them by planning their demise. If you prefer simulation games like Sim City, you can stay in isolationist mode, be free from enemies, build your city, explore the galaxy, participate in missions, and much more.

Full circle economy - produce resources, manage/reuse waste, minimize pollution, keep your citizens happy, and trade freely with other players on the open market.

Massive universe - more than 1 million planets to explore, each with unique resources. Explore!

Build mega-cities - more than 100 different types of buildings means you can build exactly what you need and each city can be unique.

Trade anything - most games let you trade resources. The Lacuna Expanse lets you trade ships, buildings, money, resources, and much more. Enjoy a full player based economy.

The Coolest Spaceships - you've never seen spaceships like this! Dump garbage on your opponents planets, transport spies, take satellite images of enemy planets, and much more!

Espionage - take out your enemies without ever firing a shot.

Chat - talk in real-time to other players in the game. Built-in translations make it easy to talk with players around the world.

Freedom - choose your own direction. Exploration, expansion, trader, ship builder mission commander, espionage, war, and more.

Those are some quick points about why our game is unique. We've worked really hard on this game and wanted to create something that's better than "just another space browser game". If you like space empire strategy/simulation games, we think that you'll really enjoy The Lacuna Expanse. 🙂

On a related note, I went ahead and submitted TLE to be added to the Links page. As a company, we're really not interested in spending thousands of dollars on spammy banner ads on "information overload" gaming websites. Instead, we're trying to grow organically through a variety of related gaming communities and websites. If you have any ideas/suggestions on how we can spread the word to more people, we'd love to hear from you. Thanks!

Tavis Parker

Lacuna Expanse Corp

http://www.lacunaexpanse.com

ReplyQuote
Digitalus
(@digitalus)
Senior Chief Registered

Some of my buds on the Bay 12 (Dwarf Fortress) forums mentioned this game as being different, and better, than the other dozens of space-oriented browser games. If I can fit another game onto my plate, I'll definitely give this one a try soon. I've bookmarked it for later anyway.

ReplyQuote
dezgard
(@dezgard)
Petty Officer Registered

I recommend the game a lot people should come support it more here is a link to sign up 😛

https://us1.lacunaexpanse.com/#referral ... fe81cca843

ReplyQuote