Notifications
Clear all

General questions

Shant
(@shant)
Warrant Officer Registered
Topic starter  

I've got this game, initially bought it thinking it was an action game, found out only after installing and beginning the campaign that it was more of a RTS. I don't usually go for these types of games, I need the action, pacing, and reflex-based combat of action sims but I was kind of enjoying this game as I went through the tutorial. Then I got stuck and couldn't progress through the tutorial so I stopped and never tried it since. My questions are basically what the game is like. Does it have a meaty story? What are the battles like? Can you upgrade/customize weapons (this is immensely important for me)? Should I decide to pick this up again, I'd need to post my issue first assuming I get stuck again.

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Shant wrote:
My questions are basically what the game is like. Does it have a meaty story?

I liked the story. I have yet to play it all the way through just because of time I have but I enjoyed it. Definitely makes you think and plan.

Shant wrote:
What are the battles like? Can you upgrade/customize weapons (this is immensely important for me)?

You do get different weapon loadouts that you can customize. And you setup your ships per the mission briefing on what you think you might need. You will give orders to target different ship sub systems to disable ships. I kinda like the combat (sometimes a little long) but I like the movie feel to the battles. The communications chatter adds a nice effect.

Shant wrote:
Should I decide to pick this up again, I'd need to post my issue first assuming I get stuck again.

I'm starting to get in the mood to play this again plus there is a nice Star Trek mod I want to try for this when I complete the game. If your PC is pretty good crank up all the settings and Nexus is pretty nice to look at for a game that is a few years old.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Was there ever a B5 mod for this game? I think such a mod would suit the physics of the game better.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Yes there has never played it though

http://www.moddb.com/mods/babylon-5-con ... of-loyalty

ReplyQuote