Notifications
Clear all

DLSS support

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

I got no idea what this is but we getting it, something to do with 4k and VR according to the vid.

Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Wiki says:

Deep learning super sampling (DLSS) is an image upscaling technology developed by Nvidia and exclusive to Nvidia graphics cards for real-time use in select video games, using deep learning to upscale lower-resolution images to a higher-resolution for display on higher-resolution computer monitors. Nvidia claims this technology upscales images with quality similar to that of rendering the image natively in the higher-resolution but with less computation done by the video card allowing for higher graphical settings and frame rates for a given resolution. Nvidia claims “DLSS 2.0 offers image quality comparable to native resolution.”

As of December 2020, this technology is available exclusively on GeForce RTX 20 and GeForce RTX 30 series GPUs.

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
Blah64
(@blah64)
Senior Chief Registered

frames per second go brrr

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

DLSS is definitely a great feature in any game, and yeah could be a hit depending on your hardware. As you saw in the video they were using a 2060 Super, which is a last gen mid-tier card and they were hitting 60fps easy in that video. So as long as your PC hardware is decent it should be a improvement not a negative..... especially if you cannot game at 4k natively.

Only bad thing is gfx cards are insanely expensive now. 

If I remember @Pinback you play this one on your PS4, hmm I would be interested if this even affects your game play because I thought PS4 hardware didn't even support DLSS because that feature is recent to Nvidia HW so I doubt this will be an issue and the PS5 hardware uses AMD which currently doesn't have DLSS. So this is really a PC enhancement.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

I have the game both on PC and PS4 but mainly play the ps4 version in VR.

So this update won't make any difference to me as my graphic card is ancient.

ReplyQuote