Notifications
Clear all

No Man Sky Frontier update

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

And the Frontier update has dropped. 😎 

Fittingly for our 5th anniversary update, Frontiers is one of our biggest updates for a long time.

Frontiers introduces the concept of large living breathing planetary settlements which travellers can encounter, interact with and even be elected Overseer of. As the leader of your adopted people, travellers can choose to help them, even lead them, ensure their future prosperity and happiness and ultimately develop these fledgling towns into even larger towns.

You are able to construct new buildings, to see your town grow as you welcome new inhabitants. Citizens will look to you to help solve their problems, make important decisions, keep them safely below sentinel radars, and help defend against drone attacks.

In addition to the introduction of these settlements, Frontiers brings a huge overhaul to base building with hundreds of new base parts, advanced building controls and a new grid menu to aid with even more fanciful constructions. Our very first update for No Man’s Sky was to introduce base building, something which has become one of our most popular features. It’s been nice to mark our anniversary by massively growing and expanding what is possible for players to create.

And the long-awaited Expedition 3, Cartographers, is just around the corner. Join in this latest seasonal event which starts all players in the same place and, as the name suggests, focuses on planetary mapping and exploration. Players will start their adventure with a technologically unique ship which requires bespoke materials to repair. They will need to thoroughly explore their starting world to escape the toxic atmosphere of planet Gisto Major.

Lefty
(@lefty)
Crewman Registered

I was very happy when I saw this. No Man's Sky is a good game if you want to feel immersed.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

This update has a lot in it and I really like how they are making these settlements and outposts more immersive and random interiors 🙂

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Not played the game in a while and think I will jump back into it and see what's going on, still wish they would do more with the space sections as it's starting to look the weakest part of the game.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Posted by: @pinback

still wish they would do more with the space sections as it's starting to look the weakest part of the game.

Its why I haven't bought the game yet, because there is only so many planets I could explore before I start to get bored. I would really like to see a NMS video that focuses on what you can do in space.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Strange how they have just ignored the space part of the game for so long now, but then again hopefully we will see some update to it.

Both the PC and the PS4 updated yesterday, PC was 6.5 GB and the PS4 was 16.5GB, don't know if because the PS4 is three version or they just uploaded the whole game again, time to get the VR googles on again and check it out.

ReplyQuote