Notifications
Clear all

No Man's Sky

Page 2 / 17

MV2000
(@mv2000)
Warrant Officer Registered

So much for Sony moneyhat them to release it on PS4 first!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-10-no-mans-sky-will-launch-on-console-first-on-playstation-4

Although as for the PC version, I'm worried more about how people will respond to the controls, just like Arena Commander control/realism backlash yesterday.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

Scuttlebutt always had it as a console exclusive so I guess we will just have to wait or start saving for a Playstation 4.

I guess it will play more like a console game than a PC game.

Couple of vids, looks good although I don't think they are doing anything we have not seen before.

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Lieutenant Registered

Scuttlebutt always had it as a console exclusive so I guess we will just have to wait or start saving for a Playstation 4.

According to RPS, the PC version will follow later.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

How long will the wait be, that is the question.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Joystick has a few brief details about the game http://www.joystiq.com/2014/06/18/no-mans-sky-name-your-own-dinosaur-get-eaten-by-it/ don't think Hello games are saying much that you could not have guessed at from the videos and the few details which have been seen so far.

Meanwhile, a fleet of space freighters, says Murray, just happens to be passing by the planet on a trade route. Sure enough, after hopping into a ship and blasting off into space, the fleet has arrived and is already under attack by a squadron of ships. Players are free to join in the attack, he says, or they could choose to help the fleet and fend off the aggressors (or, presumably, ignore the event entirely). You'll get a different reward for attacking or defending, says Murray, and either decision will "slightly change [the player's] status in the universe, and if [players] keep doing that, that's going to have consequences."

nomans2.jpg

After witnessing the battle, I ask if there are specific groups and factions in No Man's Sky. There are, he says, but they aren't spelled out by the game. "We don't really talk about narrative or who you are, or anything like that, but within Hello Games we kind of write all that down and have our idea of what that is." The studio is creating insignia and buildings that "make sense" for each race, but it's up to players to decide whether or not to pay attention to those details. You might learn, for example, that one particular race seems to be the most powerful."[Players] might be completely oblivious to it, and just kind of bumble through the universe. Or some people might be really knowledgeable about the universe."

Just as No Man's Sky doesn't define its narrative, it also doesn't give you explicit goals. No one is giving you quests to complete. "We start you off ... at the outside edge of the galaxy, because that is a less difficult place to survive. And we will always start you on a hospitable planet." Survival, at least in the beginning, seems to be a driving force in No Man's Sky. "You can just wander that planet, but it's actually a dangerous place, generally." The whole universe is dangerous, because that creates gameplay, says Murray. "We want space to have lots of pirates and things like that, and military police, and to be really active. And we want that to increase the closer and closer you get to the center of the galaxy, because that's the journey we feel most people will go on. And we will put more and more valuable things [in the player's path] the closer and closer you get to the center of the galaxy."

ReplyQuote
Wilikers
(@wilikers)
Crewman Registered

This game and star citizen are a good reason to upgrade my pc

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Sean Murray from Hello games talks about No Mans Sky,floods and the Joe Danger games and some of the inspiration for the game also looks like some new footage from the game is being shown as well.

ReplyQuote
Phaserlight
(@phaserlight)
Master Chief Registered

Good stuff.  I'm really looking forward to this one.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Hope the PC version has Rift support and having said that I wonder if the game will support that Playstation VR device when it appears on PS4

ReplyQuote
MV2000
(@mv2000)

Hope the PC version has Rift support and having said that I wonder if the game will support that Playstation VR device when it appears on PS4

Assuming there is a PC version. Even the dev themselves are still totally doubtful of it.

“Basically we’re doing a console debut on PS4. That’s all we’re saying right now. But that leaves open a PC version, which we really want to do.”

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/07/01/no-mans-sky-pc-release/#more-217001

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

I don't think they have ruled a PC version out.

Looks like they will take Sony's money make the game exclusive to the PS4 for a year or so then release it on the PC and other formats.

ReplyQuote
MvGulik
(@mvgulik)
Senior Chief Registered

"How Does No Man's Sky Actually Work? - Reality Check"

(GameSpot)

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVl1Hmth3HE[/media]

Cam investigates the question we've all been wondering: how does the procedurally generated world of No Man's Sky actually work?

ReplyQuote
Faceof
(@faceof)
Petty Officer Registered

I think ....this is the game for await so long .... 😎

We know any date of PC version released ?

Cheers... 🙂

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Don't think they have announced the PS4 date yet, so PC version will be some time after that.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Will be interested if they pull it off personally. The concepts of the 'math' being unique for all of the procedural stuff is actually quite impressive because they use the math to redraw a place or a thing when you return and they don't store all this in the game/server. When you think about it, might be a smart move because it puts all the strain on the client machine and less on the server because it doesn't have to store everyone's unique experience. Very interested video that was, makes me want to buy a PS4 🙂

ReplyQuote
Faceof
(@faceof)
Petty Officer Registered

Cheers....:)

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Big new interview in this months Edge magazine about the game, if you don't want or can't get the mag keep an eye on their website as their should be a abridged version on it next month

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

It's already been scanned.

http://imgur.com/a/O3HEp

ReplyQuote
MV2000
(@mv2000)

• offline mode

• whistle like thing to call ship over if its near

• ships get wear and tear

• there will be flying beasts (prob knew that already)

• can upgrade the ship. I think we knew that too.

• can combine reaources, which can then be sold

• most planets will only have one resource on

• landing will be simple and straightforward

• space combat is arcade-like (could have guessed that)

• there are grenade like plasma balls

• can blow holes in things with the multi tool

• extensive terrain deformations, ground vehicles and traditional multiplayer will come later

Yes.wav

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Also said something about not having a long trip from the surface of the planets to space, just wondering if that means the planets are on the small side.

Do like the idea of naming plants and animals in the game.

ReplyQuote
MV2000
(@mv2000)

Looks like Microsoft's also trying to bring in No Man's Sky to Xbox One as well.

https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/499894794945310720

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Mr Murry will be in Las Vegas on the 6-7 Dec and is promising some thing special. http://www.hellogames.org/blog/

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I saw this today too, will be looking for some videos that day on whats in store. There was a nice video a while back where the lead dev was explaining the whole procedural aspect of the game and it is very interesting and I hope they go more into depth on this.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

I hope we get to see some more of the planets environments ie the plant and animal life which has so often been missing from these PG games in the past. In fact the only one I can think of which has tried it is Ad-Astra.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Short video or promo for the January issue of Gamesinformer (scfi issue) http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/12/03/january-cover-revealed-no-mans-sky-3452523434.aspx

Think their a couple of new bits of footage in their.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 17