The most advanced p...

Notifications
Clear all

The most advanced private space company

robert55
(@robert55)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  
Nowadays, private space company really succeeded and manufactures pretty good technology and space vehicle. What do you think is the most advanced private space company ( except Space X ) at the present time?

MajTom
(@majtom)
Petty Officer Registered

The most advanced (as from the history of achievements and diversity) would be

United Launch Alliance
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems

In the same time this field is developing very fast. Let's look from the future perspective.

A good example:

Skyrora, private launch company.

Starting in 2017 has already launched rocket.

This post was modified 3 years ago 2 times by MajTom

robert55 liked
ReplyQuote
robert55
(@robert55)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

@majtom 
I`d like to mention here Blue origin.  It is a great private space company. This company may be going slower than SpaceX, but its success to failure ratio is unmatched. Of course, it`s not so advanced like Space X and does not so well in the space exploration area but still, Blue Origin has great spacecrafts and concepts that worth attention. I like the idea of reusable rockets. New Glenn's fully reusable first stage is designed for a minimum of 25 flights

ReplyQuote
robert55
(@robert55)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  
Also, I`d like to mention Boeing. This space aerospace manufactures engines for some spacecrafts and this company had to take part in the Artemis mission together with Space X and NASA.

MajTom liked
ReplyQuote
MajTom
(@majtom)
Petty Officer Registered

@robert55 

Agree.

I have omitted it for not to 'overcrowd' the list 🙂 and also I have considered some recent dynamics and scale in the companies activities.

As for dynamics: 'SpaceX to acquire satellite connectivity startup Swarm Technologies

https://techcrunch.com/2021/08/09/spacex-to-acquire-satellite-connectivity-startup-swarm-technologies/?utm_medium=TCnewsletter&tpcc=TCdailynewsletter

It would look great if in several years the niche will be shaped up with distinct development rate and fair competition.

robert55 liked
ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

If it's Boeing, I ain't going!

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
robert55
(@robert55)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

@majtom 
I guess this startup Swarm Technologies would be useful in the development of the Starlink project. So I hope that it will help to improve Starlink and make it more advanced.

MajTom liked
ReplyQuote
robert55
(@robert55)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

A few words about Boeing and some pieces of information I found about this company. Boeing was supposed to launch it Starliner space transport capsule On Tuesday August 3. The launch was scrubbed when engineers discovered an unusual configuration of valves in the service module propulsion system. This follows a failed test flight in December 2019 where a timing issue between the booster and spacecraft resulted in the spacecraft randomly firing its thrusters and expending its fuel so could not dock with ISS. NASA has paid Boeing 4.6 billion, 400 million over the original contract price Space X Crew Dragon only got 2.6 billion

ReplyQuote
Janet Evans
(@janet-evans)
Petty Officer Registered

I think that this is exactly SpaceX. This company showed long ago. With its advanced technology, it never stops impressing humanity. What is important, this is a big goal, the goal of colonizing Mars.

ReplyQuote
Janet Evans
(@janet-evans)
Petty Officer Registered

In my opinion, companies are innovators who not only produce but also benefit or do little harm to the Earth. The kuka additive manufacturing Skyrora used environmentally friendly fuels, for which I respect this company. The future lies not only with good technology, but also with a clean environment.

MajTom liked
ReplyQuote
MajTom
(@majtom)
Petty Officer Registered

@janet-evans 

Exactly.

The means that will bring the most benefit for greenhouse gases reduction are aircrafts and spaceships. The alternative propellants and ecofuel is the key, though they may not be cost effective yet.

The production focus and economics should be changed in order to reduce emissions to zero till 2050, as a Global aim.

ReplyQuote
MajTom
(@majtom)
Petty Officer Registered

The are are many questions in front of a successful company in the business, the following are ‘hot’:

• Harnessing AI more effectively for the satellites control, thus possibly reducing their number;
  • Debris removal technologies for new launches;
  • Making launches clean, using ecofuel;
  • Making facilities more reliable and effective with 3D printing;
  • Making ‘traffic rules’ on the orbit.

These goals are set for bringing space launch to a new level to leverage the traffic demand and sustain the market.
I have checked, these are number one discussed issues for top companies, there are many more if of stretch 'the most' a bit (like 10 -15% of doing 80% of the market).

'The most advance' must bring visible results in the nearest future.

This post was modified 3 years ago by MajTom

ReplyQuote