Notifications
Clear all

Venus exploration

MajTom
(@majtom)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Roscosmos chief Dmitry Rogozin says that Russia wants to send its own mission to Venus, in addition to an already-proposed joint venture with the United States called "Venera-D."

"We think that Venus is a Russian planet, so we shouldn't lag behind," Rogozin, a former deputy prime minister, told reporters on Tuesday. He noted that the Soviet Union was "the first and the only one" to land a spacecraft on Venus.

It would be compelling to see the results of increased interest in Venus now.

Diverse approach for the missions:

DAVINCI+ (Deep Atmosphere Venus Investigation of Noble gases, Chemistry, and Imaging).

VERITAS (Venus Emissivity, Radio Science, InSAR, Topography, and Spectroscopy).

Though 'years of relative neglect' of Venus exploration, probably the right time and effective way in the common goal of solar system way-out advanced exploration. Capacity in hand for the coming years processing and understanding in one voice together with other extraterrestrial missions.

robert55 liked
robert55
(@robert55)
Senior Chief Registered

That`s funny to hear that. Russian space agency is so weak that it makes less launches than Space X per year. I don`t even mention about the space technology they have. And now they are claiming that Russia wants to send its own mission to Venus

ReplyQuote
robert55
(@robert55)
Senior Chief Registered

Also I wanna mention that NASA wants to start colonizing campaign of Venus with the help of floating platforms. Personally, I consider the colonization of Venus a useless idea. Who wants to live in a flotilla above a totally inhospitable environment? I mean if it were the only option for survival then yes, otherwise not worth it. Also completely unworkable from a colonization perspective. To be a colony it needs to have a significant if not total ability to be independent. There is no way that some flotilla in the atmosphere of Venus can supply its own raw material needs for manufacturing as mining the surface of Venus would be well beyond what a flotilla environment could manage. Perhaps might be feasible and reasonable for NASA or the like to put a floating research station there with rotating crews and regular supply runs, but that would be about it. IMO NASA puts out silly things like this just to keep the public's interest in space so they can continue to get funding.

MajTom liked
ReplyQuote
MajTom
(@majtom)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

@robert55 

Yes, this is widely shed concept.

However, there is not if any information regarding the weather influence.

Technically, with all the planned manipulations it may change to a still unpredictable state.

ReplyQuote
robert55
(@robert55)
Senior Chief Registered

@majtom 
I consider this project completely useless at all. Colonizing planet that is completely anapropriate for humans to live on is a stupid idea. I guess it would be much better to be involved in some projects that can protect environment on Earth in order to protect this planet. For instance, there is a special type of microsatellites, that is aimed at tracking some rare species of animals in order to protect them from being killed by hunters and become extinct. https://www.skyrora.com/blog/satellites

ReplyQuote
MajTom
(@majtom)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

@robert55 

Agree.

Well done for Skyrora.

And let me put a comment that the tendency of reliable private companies (which skyora is a good pionering example) of the high rate development with cutting-edge technologies.

Together with Earth protection in terms of surveillance this approach is long assert targeted. We are already endangered by orbital junk, new technologies are about not to make the situation worse, but to stabilize and step forward.

Now we judge by today's activities of space exploration vs Earth preservance.

Obviously, on Earth we should go faster and proactive to bring stabilization as soon as possible. This is a process of years. Not to mention funding here.

Going to Venus, Mars, the Moon, I believe brings technology push. We are able to do it now.

Earth vs Space is not like that. I believe Earth together with space. Technology, Space and Earth agencies cooperation are win-win if balanced.

And we won't be able to colonize any other planet within nearest 100 years (cities, terra-forming, etc.). But having an extraterrestrial science/research station (where a human could stay for a period) would be a success for Earth sake as well.

For both branches of the same survival aim they work.

This post was modified 3 years ago by MajTom

ReplyQuote
Janet Evans
(@janet-evans)
Petty Officer Registered

The US National Aeronautics and Space Administration in 2020 announced the start of four new projects under the Discovery program, two of which relate to the exploration of Venus. The DAVINCI + (Deep Atmosphere Venus Investigation of Noble gases, Chemistry, and Imaging Plus) program involves sending a new generation of spacecraft to Venus. All his instruments will be enclosed in a special sphere, which is a launching probe that, falling through the hot and dense atmosphere of Venus, will analyze the composition of the planet's air envelope from its uppermost layers to the surface.
As part of the second mission, named by scientists VERITAS (Venus Emissivity, Radio Science, InSAR, Topography, and Spectroscopy), it is planned to send a device equipped with powerful radar devices into Venus orbit, allowing to observe through the dense atmosphere, map the planet's surface and look for signs of active processes - plate tectonics or volcanism. Instruments onboard the spacecraft will also be able to determine the composition of the rocks on the surface of Venus. A company with innovative technologies. The Skyrora rocket launch in the UK used environmentally friendly, environmentally friendly fuel. Another very good development is the 3D printer, it can also save a lot of money per kilogram for the rocket industry companies.
The attitude of companies to the Earth is also important to me, so I gave this as an example.

ReplyQuote
Janet Evans
(@janet-evans)
Petty Officer Registered

There should be some results from this research soon. I look forward to it.

ReplyQuote