Virgin Galactic/ Bl...

Notifications
Clear all

I use crypto.com app personally on a daily basis and its great and takes the stress out of learning crypto and the crypto debit cards are great, ask me anything on this. I will probably make a thread discussing crypto soon. REFERRAL CODE = p5mu64hcq4

Virgin Galactic/ Blue Origin

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Moderator
Topic starter  

So Branson got into sub orbit yesterday.

This topic was modified 1 week ago by Pinback

Topic Tags
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Still costs too much for me.... maybe after a few years the price will drop to a more affordable level for us average folks 😉 But at least this is a start, and private companies will soon flood the markets with this type of tech and adventures.

• Virgin Galactic's $250,000 ticket to the edge of space includes a spacesuit.
  • Passengers paying $55 million for SpaceX's mission to the ISS get sleeping bags, hygiene products.
  • Blue Origin's $28 million spaceflight comes with a seat next to Jeff Bezos.

ReplyQuote
robert55
(@robert55)
Petty Officer Registered

A few words more about the Virgin Galactic. The “Unity 22” mission will be the twenty-second flight test for VSS Unity and it`s gonna be the fourth crewed spaceflight for the Virgin Galactic. .

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by robert55

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @sscadmin

Still costs too much for me.... maybe after a few years the price will drop to a more affordable level for us average folks 😉 But at least this is a start, and private companies will soon flood the markets with this type of tech and adventures.

• Virgin Galactic's $250,000 ticket to the edge of space includes a spacesuit.
  • Passengers paying $55 million for SpaceX's mission to the ISS get sleeping bags, hygiene products.
  • Blue Origin's $28 million spaceflight comes with a seat next to Jeff Bezos.

Yup it's billionaires playing astronauts but as you say it may kick start the technology, just hope it dose not take another 50 years.

ReplyQuote
robert55
(@robert55)
Petty Officer Registered

When Sir Richard Branson went to space he began a new era. It`s a new step in launching in space. Space tourism is the that was discussed many years and now it`s finally happened. I am staggered that it  finally happened

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

It's amazing to think that after decades, that we have two these sub orbital craft going up within a week or so of each other. 

robert55 liked
ReplyQuote
robert55
(@robert55)
Petty Officer Registered

@pinback
 Surely an awesome experience. But unfortunately, it was just a suborbital flight and many people say that it cannot be counted

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

The curse of the double post strikes again!

Who was it that set up a system, a supposedly democratic system
Where you end up always voting for the lesser of two evils?

ReplyQuote
robert55
(@robert55)
Petty Officer Registered

@cody Sorry for that, I had some problems with my internet connection.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @robert55

@pinback
 Surely an awesome experience. But unfortunately, it was just a suborbital flight and many people say that it cannot be counted

It may only be a suborbital but it's the technology that will come from it if it's successful and they push ahead with it.

And the second billionaire get into sub orbit.

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Posted by: @pinback

And the second billionaire get into sub orbit.

"Baldly going where beardy has gone before, except a bit higher."

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

You know in the Billionaire battle for space..... this is actually a good thing because these guys are gonna spare no expense to be the first at something 😉 so yeah like @Pinback said the tech that might come from this will be beneficial. I wonder if they have a ongoing party message with each other talking smack to each other 🤣 😆 🤣 

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

I have read that they may not qualify for astronauts wings as they don't do anything in the four or so when they get to space or zero g, apart from looking out the windows.

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Jeff Bezos has offered to cover $2bn of Nasa costs in order to be reconsidered for a key contract to build a Moon landing vehicle.

Baldy wants in! BBC article here.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Haha.... Jeff thinking money can get everything again.... SpaceX actually has a proven record.... What has Blue Origin actually done besides fly Jeff up into space? SpaceX has performed many missions and as we have all seen reusable rocket boosters. Plus I think there are a lot more passionate techies working for SpaceX than for Blue Origin..... Jeff should just stick to commercial space flights to high paying customers and leave the heavy lifting to Elon for now.

ReplyQuote