Warp Drives ..... M...

Notifications
Clear all

Also get access to over 60 free games in their trove of games, get 20 percent off all purchases and you can stop the subscription at anytime and keep all the games

Warp Drives ..... Maybe?

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

This was a interesting read:

https://www.popularmechanics.com/science/a35820869/warp-drive-possible-with-conventional-physics/

I laughed when I saw this though:

Creating a warp bubble for a 656-foot-wide spacecraft traveling at the speed of light requires roughly 100 times the energy contained in the mass of Jupiter, said Lentz. That’s about 30 orders of magnitude higher than the power of modern nuclear reactors.

I don't know if I would volunteer to be the test pilot for this mission 😉 

But the mention of 'Space Bubbles' I guess in theory it sounds cool.... but is it safe to create and use one?

This topic was modified 2 months ago by DarkOne

Gaius Konstantine
(@gaius-konstantine)
Master Chief Reporter

It is an interesting concept, and it's been discussed seriously by some agencies for a few years now. 

Power is one aspect no doubt, but I'm wondering what this would be like in actual practise, what the side effects are.

Creating a bubble in space and distorting it sounds like there may be some unwanted and unforeseen consequences. A warp drive may be something best engaged outside the confines of a solar system then, just to play it safe. And no, definitely don't volunteer to pilot the prototype...

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @gaius-konstantine

Creating a bubble in space and distorting it sounds like there may be some unwanted and unforeseen consequences. A warp drive may be something best engaged outside the confines of a solar system then, just to play it safe.

Hahaha exactly.... maybe thats why aliens visit our planet to make sure our dumbasses don't destroy the fabric of space and time with our bright ideas 😉

I have to admit creating a bubble in space, if possible would almost seem god-like if we were to accomplished this task... Hard to believe its even possible.

ReplyQuote